General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Interest Feeler -possible FS

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:09 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Interest Feeler -possible FS

Well, I found a decently priced vehicle in the same lot as that Tahoe I spotted. An 06 GTO with only 61K miles. I am looking into the financials/insurance/all that fun stuff, and if it goes through I will be putting the lovely Blazer for sale. As much as I love it, I just cant do what I wanted to do with it originally. Also, I was wondering if I could make money on a possible part out on the little items I have...

Currently it has 13x,xxx miles, and is driven frequently, not daily as I carpool somedays.

Good
Hunter Brushguard - with 2 fog lights from Harbor Freight
HID kit from HID extra, along with factory bulbs
A set of Halo headlights, unfortunately, one of them has a cracked mounting piece, but it will come with the blazer.
An extra Drivers side headlight (might be passenger, will look when I get home)
Also have a set of blacked out tails (possibly too black)
An extra set of cross members for the roof.
4hi and 4lo engage!

Good/Bad
Has RPO for G80
Has a carpet left in the back from previous owner, looks very clean in the back.

The Bad
The new front bumper is developing a slight case of the rust cancer.
The fog lights too have some rust, and idk why....
CD player is intermittent on most cds #11-12 for some reason
Ever since I had it there has been some slight mis-alignment in the drivers side door
The passenger side mirror wobbles a bit at speeds over 50-60mph
Factory Fog lights are missing, Have them, but the mounting spots on the turn signals are broken
*EDIT* Its throwing a code for the evap sensor near the fuel tank

And was at one time totalled, but according to my father the title is still clean

Price: Would love to see 3500, but isnt going to happen, so the price until I find out about financing is 4000 OBO and if the brushguard or lights or anything hops out, let me know, and we might be able to work something out

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attached Thumbnails Interest Feeler -possible FS-dsc_0029.jpg   Interest Feeler -possible FS-dsc_0014.jpg   Interest Feeler -possible FS-dsc_0018.jpg  

Last edited by wlorton; 03-01-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Adding Picture
Old 02-14-2011, 06:46 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

IMHO 4k might be a touch high... even for an optomistic used car lot...in an area with a high demand for older 4wd SUVs...

Might want to see what she's worth as a trade in. It is very flip-able in it's current state. So long as the title isn't branded, you should get full trade for it.

GL on the GTO!

Old 02-14-2011, 10:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Curtis nailed it.

you might get a better deal on trading it in. wouldn't hurt to see what they'll offer you.

GL.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:39 PM
BF Veteran

1000 +/- depending on a test drive (of the blazer).... I would rather get kicked in the nuts then let it go for that much.... Its been a hella vehicle

Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran

might want to go a bit more prepared then... seriously i just guessed at your specs and set you up at good since you mentioned some fairly easy to cure problems...

Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ABN31B
might want to go a bit more prepared then... seriously i just guessed at your specs and set you up at good since you mentioned some fairly easy to cure problems...
I quoted the KBB, and was kinda laughed at, "those can be had for 1000-1500 at auction all day long"

Old 02-15-2011, 01:01 AM
BF Veteran

good thing you aren't auctioning it then...

Old 02-15-2011, 09:45 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ABN31B
good thing you aren't auctioning it then...
Yea, and I understand where they are coming from, as crappy as it sounds, they do need to make a profit and cant pay 100% otherwise the overhead would kill them....

I am surprised no one has asked for the brushguard to be honest lol...

And I am on campus right now, but per rules, I shall upload a pic (lol cant believe I didnt get smacked for that)

Oh and I checked my VIN from my Carfax thread from 8/09 and I double posted and got smacked down with a "please wait 24 hours" man, It feels like I have come a long way on this forum....

But Currently checking on a loan and we shall go from there... if I end up not doing it, I feel like I just swung my foot up and into my mouth

Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wlorton
I am surprised no one has asked for the brushguard to be honest lol...
maybe 'cause we're waiting 'til the corpse is cold before we jump on it.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:38 PM
BF Veteran

Good News Bad News.....

Good News...

Found an 04 GTO that we are currently in negotiations with.....

Bad News (for me)

I will not be driving it everyday as some issues have arose within the realm of the fiancee and I and she will be driving it....

Good News...

Blazer stays mine, but I think it read this thread because gas mileage has dropped about 2mpg since This add

So Mods, Can the Add stay up, 4000 OBO, as it still is my driver and I dont get the fun of the LS1

*Side note, I drove both an 04 and an 06, 06 has plenty of pull.... but the 04 is the much better buy for my current $$ situation, of none.

Quick Reply: Interest Feeler -possible FS