General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

it's been a while!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:02 PM
honkeetonk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default it's been a while!!

well it sure has been a while since I posted, it's just been hot and my 01' 4x4 blazer has been having a whole bunch of problems!! Here is the list:

New Waterpump
New Thermostat
New Drive belt
New Master Cylinder
New Front Differential
New Front left aXel
New front wheel bearings

Back in the winter my car was reading a P0128 code (thermostat below regulating temp) I figured it was just the therm sticking open... Also the brakes are so spongy they hit the floor. May I also add that my car has an ABS problem (abs and brake light come on and off) Mechanic said that waterpump was leaking so he changed it, told him about the brakes he changed the master cylinder... Apparently my front differential was leaking and so was my front left axel, the boot was torn. Car runs good only problem is i have no brakes and the ABS will not pass inspection in august. My dad ran the ABS code with his ABS reader and we got P0265 and P0268... Bad ABS module!! Thank GOD i bought a warranty on my car because each item I listed had a $50 deductible... ABS is not covered... I told the mechanic that the brakes are still spongy, he said he bled the MC and all the brakes and he said once i fix the ABS problem he can look into the brakes. Well I believe it is the Power brake booster ... which is covered under my warranty. I sent off my ABS module to modulemaster.com... Me and my dad also did a tune up on it which was FUN (JK JK)... the middle spark plug on the driver's side was pain lol.... also we couldn't find where the PCV valve goes?? It shows in my haynes book but we can't see it! Don't you guys just love GM clips???

Old 06-30-2008, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: it's been a while!!

If your brakes are still spongy before replacing the power booster check for a vaccum leak on the hose that leads from the booster to the motor if there is a leak then that would reflect on the booster not working correctly.