General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Junkyard Blues

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Starting Member
Cidium is on a distinguished road
Default Junkyard Blues

I have been restoring a 92 4d blazer, been hitting my local pick and pull for some body parts. What I have been noticing is the usual frantic hack and slash approach to taking parts. What has me writing this post is my dismay in finding a good grill. Mine obviously has some problems, but what baffles the hell outta me is how many good grills in the pick and pull yard become trash plastic because someone couldn't take the time to remove it right. I know some of these grill where is perfect condition because there is an aftermath of broken parts that I can reassemble in the perfect grill that I am searching for. My point with all this drab poor me is next you are in a wrecking yard collecting parts for your baby take then time to salvage the parts you need to remove. I sure will thank you for it~

Old 04-25-2011, 10:46 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

i feel the pain. i was at pick and save here looking for a door panel. all of them were trashed due to people ripping them off to get to the side mirrors. only seen two with gray leather the rest were tan. both of the gray door panels were there but broke. guess i'll have to locate a brand new one.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Beginning Member
Mark95603 is on a distinguished road

I had kind of the same issue while trying to hunt down a passenger side mirror. Hit up the local pick n pull quite a few times over the last couple months and it seemed like within a day or two after they got a possible donor vehicle in the mirrors were either gone or busted. Finally about a week ago I broke down and bought a new one off of 1aauto.com and had it in about 2.5 days. Amazon was cheaper but I hate the super saver shipping. I ordered something that was shipped out of Arizona and it was "in transit" for over 2 weeks.

My problem now is the pass. side looks way better than the drivers side so now i wanna change that one too.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:07 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

I quit going to those type of yards. Half the time you can't find what you need or like said stuff is just ripped apart.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Beginning Member
diRteh is on a distinguished road

Agreed..

I guess people are too lazy to drag around any more tools than are needed for the parts they want to remove for them selves.. So they wind up ripping and trashing the surrounding parts because they didn't bring an extra socket or two..

Old 04-27-2011, 12:32 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

That's the advantage to going to a salvage yard that removes the parts for you. You're not allowed to go out and touch the vehicles because they don't want you wrecking something they can sell.