General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

junkyards flooded with "cash for clunkers" blazers

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Beginning Member
007jimmy is on a distinguished road

my yard had 2 zr2 blazers.. both of them i got the fenders, flares and front bumper with valance.. i paid 160 bucks for both.. i now have a zr2 jimmy and my boy has a widebody s10 autox'er. i was pissed they were in there but i was happy i got to them first..

Old 01-18-2010, 08:08 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Out here we had plenty of blazers before cfc, but those were mostly the results of wrecks and accidents, not handouts.

Last edited by bigkhans; 01-18-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:31 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

at the harry's you pull it in hazelton there was a bunch of those. I actually got my rear glass from a 2001 cash for clunkers jimmy. It was sad because it probably had really nice leather the paint job was flawless untill the junker guys had their way with it. I don't understand why they made the dealerships ruin the engines

Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
at the harry's you pull it in hazelton there was a bunch of those. I actually got my rear glass from a 2001 cash for clunkers jimmy. It was sad because it probably had really nice leather the paint job was flawless untill the junker guys had their way with it. I don't understand why they made the dealerships ruin the engines
Is that the U pull it Hazelton PA.? If so, that place was cheap! Had to get a Jeep transfer case there for a friend once. First trail of the morning at Paragon and he cracks the transfer case on a monster rock.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:21 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

yea that place has really fair prices. I got the rear glass for $24 tinted and defrost

Old 01-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

there are hardly any junkyard 4x4 s-series with any desirable parts in nebraska, especially the zr2 or xtreme.

most of them are high mileage, or a run of the mill standard blazer, nothing special. all open axle 3.42 gears, saggy suspension.
every now and then a vigilant parts hunter such as myself will find something worth taking parts off of.

I would like to find a dark blue Diamond edition jimmy with a salvage title that i could put a Vortec 350 in with a 6 inch lift & 33's on. that would be sooo badass.

Last edited by jsmz; 01-18-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:50 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Any one wanna look out for me for 98+ charcoal leather door panels for a 4-door. Not a lot of Blazers and or pick-pulls around here. I want them but I dont wanna pay $100 a panel and a crazy shipping charge.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:04 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JST4SHO
Any one wanna look out for me for 98+ charcoal leather door panels for a 4-door. Not a lot of Blazers and or pick-pulls around here. I want them but I dont wanna pay $100 a panel and a crazy shipping charge.
long time no see lol. Where the hell you been?

Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

damn i didnt think to look into this.. i must very soon..

Old 01-19-2010, 01:34 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Here there was a pull and save that had been overloaded with the vehicles. They had to fill the lot next to them, and from the road you could see 10+ blazers, some of them with amazing paint jobs... also the first place I saw the running boards. What makes me angry is that sure, they are killing these engines and what not, but if EVERYONE doesnt participate, then all of us driving our blazers... are just burning the same fuel.. lol...

Do you guys know if there are places that will part with the whole vehicles? I think that buying a shell or two would be helpful in the long run....

Quick Reply: junkyards flooded with "cash for clunkers" blazers