General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Just for giggles

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 05:39 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eshaw
The biggest problem I've seen with the visors with the extendable piece is the material on them comes loose over time. The vanity light/mirror covers can be fixed or replaced.
I would love to get away from the glued cloth and get something all vinyl/plastic...no drooping!

Old 05-03-2019, 08:07 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eshaw
Didn't they also make a monochromatic rear view mirror for the "S" series that automatically dims it when you have bright head lights behind you? I think that option was also part of the outside mirrors doing it also. And, if memory serves me the outside mirrors on Envoys had power folding mirrors on them. Some people like the third brake light (neon) on the rear window of the Envoys also.
Yes, I unplugged mine. Really didnt see a difference for me.

Not sure about the mirrors... just know they are heated.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:22 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

Speaking of the Diamond Edition, I have one locally being parted. The front driver seat is trashed though. The door panels are already gone too. It has the optional HID lights but the ballast ignitors are broken. The neon brake light is still there though.

N. Jensen, this Envoy is black. How big of a pain is it to pull those pieces you need?

Old 05-04-2019, 08:48 AM

It's a pretty big PITA. There are like 7 or 8 bolts/screws holding each one in, and of course 20 years later, they are going to be rusty.

I saw a Diamond Edition for sale, just north west of Iowa City. Waiting for the right one, for the right price. Lol

I have one of those auto dimming rear views, btw... Works great!

Old 11-13-2019, 08:53 PM

Came up with a couple more. Second generation long 5 speed consoles and front lockers for the IFS differential.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:58 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

eshaw, any chance on finding charcoal colored driver and passenger side door panels in good condition?

Old 11-13-2019, 09:54 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Now that I have my Diamond Edition interior, I just wish the seats were heated...

Old 11-13-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
eshaw, any chance on finding charcoal colored driver and passenger side door panels in good condition?

I have the driver and passenger side door panels from this trailblazer....two tone gray and dark gray leather, trailblazer stitching.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:00 AM

They're out there. They'd be easier to find than the seats. Mr. Jensen would probably have better luck than me locating them, there's a bigger selection in his neck of the woods. I'll keep my eyes peeled though. I assume you want 4 door and electric?

Old 11-14-2019, 08:31 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Two door and electric, though I PMed Jensen about those door panels.

Quick Reply: Just for giggles