General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Kan't find the problem anywhere

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 09:11 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kan't find the problem anywhere

I did a fuel pressure test earlier 58 psi for **** 20 minutes. I cleaned out my cat.converter and installed a fuel filter I can not remember if I bought A/c delco spark plugs or not but I know the distributer cap is not. What do I do next! Please help, thanx in advanced. Oh by the way I read a thread earlier and I found out I could clean my MAF just a little more I did'nt know it came apart. So if I think of anything else Ill let you know.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:28 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a spider issue? Lemme guess, random stalling?

There is blue.and red wires going into the front of your intake down by the egr... Give these a tug/push and see if you get a change. If you get a stall, the part you need is the injector harness, its about ten bucks, and you cut the wires to get it through the intake amd solder the new ones on. It requires you remove the upper intake to access the injector.

Im also curious how you clean out the cat comvertor? Its a part on your exhaust about halfway downstream...

It would also help if we knew what you are working on... Im guessing a CPI 4.3... But in this subsection it could be anything...

Last edited by ohsofly; 03-31-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Starting Member

No I'm sorry its a 4.3 Vortec and it has no Egr valve I know this is hard to believe but my intake manifold does not have a spot for one and when I put the motor in I had to change the right exhaust manifold cause of it. Now back to the other thing what wires were you talking about and were would they be again. Oh and the cat there's two flanges between the muffler and one between the cat and the motor just take it out the more pissed you are the easier it is to get those rusty a$$ bolt's off. Any other suggestions. thanx

Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

You should have a egr,its underneath the throttle body if its the cpi engine. I noticed you are from Sc. if you are ever up near easley etc hit me up i can help you out.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:39 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

It would also help if we knew what you are working on... Im guessing a CPI 4.3... But in this subsection it could be anything...
Not to mention what IS the problem?
As for the 4.3 vortec, if it doesn't have an EGR it has to be a late model 2002 engine (W code) or newer.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Starting Member

Sorry I neglected to tell yall I put a 2002 motor in the truck 7 months ago. With only 80,000 miles. And really It does not have one I argued with my friend about the same thing for an hour he made me send him a picture.How far is easley from aiken. Also the the truck does not do this all the time just every once in a while.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Doesn't do what???

Old 04-01-2012, 01:55 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

lack of information man ..... cant complete the puzzle

Old 04-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Starting Member

The truck fells like its hesitating or vibrating only occasionally. It has great fuel pressure, I resonantly changed the fuel filter and cleaned out the cat. The old school way and still doing it. but only when your accel slowly. It has no problem getting up and going only on a slow accel will this stutter start.help please. I dont want to start this cycle all over again. By the way how often do you have to change your plugs and tranny filter?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Starting Member
Thumbs up

I just did a Seafoam process and you wouldn't believe the amount of smoke that came out hope fully this cleans it out. I got my first ac Delco parts for my ac delco swap out I am afraid I'm going to find out that constant nagging you guys do about it just might be true. lol any way with what I have givin you anything else would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Kan't find the problem anywhere