General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Kinda first post, would like your opinion

Old 11-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Beginning Member
Bosgarage57 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, hope this is the right place, if not please move it. Im getting an 01 4d 4x4 blazer with 160k miles, im wondering if that is a lot of miles on her or if you guys think I should try to fix it up as I go with stuff. It runs great so I think I'm wanting to do cheap stuff to it right now,

I'd like a different exhaust so i was thinking about putting a cherrybomb glasspack muffler only or just running straights with no cat, what you think? This should make it sound better right? I've looked up videos on youtube but cant tell if they are running full systems or just mufflers.

Also I just found these rims on my local craigslist, they should fit ya? It says its a "Monte Carlo SS Factory Wheels" Wonder what size they are, I'd like black rims and I like the look of those. The tires on the blazer right now are about bald so they will need replacing soon anyways. Thanks guys!

well just looked up the bolt pattern for a monte carlo and it is 5x115 which is like 4.52 so I dont guess they would work. Although his post says they fit s10's. Poo.

Last edited by swartlkk; 11-30-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on what year they came off of. The newer FWD monte's are the smaller bolt pattern, but the old RWD monte's should share the same 5x4.75" BC that the s-series trucks use.

As far as the rest of the stuff goes, read up in the intake/exhaust section for some ideas and sound clips. Check your local laws before hacking off the catalytic converter. Tampering with the emissions system is prohibited by federal law as well...

Old 11-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you swartllk, ive been looking in the forum for exhausts, seem about all are the same as mufflers go, great forum

Old 11-30-2010, 07:55 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Those are from an old monte and will bolt right on any S-series of any year and look hot. They are 15s too like your factory wheels. You may need to get a different style of lug nuts though, just have a careful look when you put them on that the nuts have the correct shoulder on them. I think you might need the style with an insert to center the holes, not just a tapered shoulder like the ones on the truck now have. Heck, just see if the salesman has the nuts too, you never know.

How much is the set? If you get those for $200 you got a really good deal.

5x115 is a metric size, and GM didnt start using metric sizes until the 90s I think, and a NEW monte will have 5x115, same with any larger FWD GM vehicle... So those will be 5x4.75 for sure. Ill mail you my left nut if Im wrong. They are the same bolt pattern as the IROC rims that some guys have on here. Just more rare of a wheel, and I think the rear ones are 8 inch wide, and the fronts are 7. Get them, or if you arent going to, post the ad so that someone on here can get them.

Last edited by ohsofly; 11-30-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Beginning Member

ohsofly you just made my day. I really like them as well and was unsure as I haven't even goten the blazer yet but am going to get it friday. So can I buy the lugnuts somewhere else? Also you dont think I would need a spacer since i have a 4x4? I read where the IROC guys had to have a 2" to make theirs fit. He wants 150 obo. I don't know how well the tread is on the tires but i m gonna go for it I think.

Last edited by Bosgarage57; 12-01-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

To your exhaust question: Most guys only do a muffler swap, Before I traded up for my Sierra I was looking at the Edelbrock SDT mufflers, they cancel out the high frequencies and keep the low frequencies... in effect calming the "BARK" of the V6 that I've hated on any other exhaust system I've heard. I have a Magnaflow on my current truck, but IMO don't sound great on anything but V8's.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member
SkullBlaze is on a distinguished road

Nice looking rims for $150.00 !!
They'll look real sweet on your Blazer

Congratz and welcome to the forum

Old 11-30-2010, 10:50 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
To your exhaust question: Most guys only do a muffler swap, Before I traded up for my Sierra I was looking at the Edelbrock SDT mufflers, they cancel out the high frequencies and keep the low frequencies... in effect calming the "BARK" of the V6 that I've hated on any other exhaust system I've heard. I have a Magnaflow on my current truck, but IMO don't sound great on anything but V8's.
contrary to your post, I like the sound of the magnaflow on our colorado, for what it is anyway. It's hard to find a muffler to make a 5 cyl sound have decent. bot so much on the 4.3 thoufh

I do however love the sound of the edelbrock SDT on the 4.3, I haven't found many exaust clips but when I get my exaust done I will be using it. None of the local shops have heard of the muffler(the ones that have have never used it) so are leary on using it 75% are trying to push for a flowy the other 25 are goin for magnaflow. I have been happy with every edelbrock product I have owned so I trust it.

If you have a 4dr you have a few options on a catback exaust, if you have a 2dr you are stuck with a custom exhaust or weld in muffler.(Gibson makes the only cat back for a 2dr 2nd gen)

Last edited by 69chevelle; 11-30-2010 at 11:01 PM.