General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Lift Install Finally

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Lift Install Finally

Well so far the truck still isnt done. We had to cut and weld alot of one of the lower cross members. As you can see in the photos. A few set backs were they only shipped me 2 u-bolts instead of 4, the directions are not clear and I think we are missing some hardware. But we wont know till its almost done. So far work has stopped because of the holiday and the fact that the upper control bolt or "camber bolt" was snapped off by accident. We have placed the wheels on the truck and they look awsome. My boy rich has the pictures and I wont see him till wednesday. I really hope Napa or the Dealer has what I need in stock. So far I only had to modify one bracket that was included with the superlift kit and it was the steering stabilzer mounting backet. Just some minor stuff need to be bolted back on and the exhaust modified.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

So why was it that you chose this lift over the BDS?

Old 12-24-2007, 05:04 PM

This kit was alot beefer than the BDS Kit and both my other friends have the BDS Kit and the Superlift Kit. Superlifts is a true 6" kit while the BDS was only 5", so I wanted to fit 32's without a problem or tweeking the torsion bars. Both kits are really nice but if I had to chose again I might have went with BDS because there's less items to modify and BDS comes with new control arms too. Plus BDS directions are alot easier to follow and they show actual dimensions of how much to cut instead of guess like the Superlift kit. My buddie Brian who has the BDS kit was really liking the Superlift Kit but was not a fan of the directions.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:09 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Let us know how well those 32's fit with the SL kit!

Body lifting too?

It's something I gotta look into, as my local off-road club requires at least 33's

Old 12-24-2007, 08:45 PM

Per superlift I dont need to body lift the truck to fit 32's... But my friends want me to body lift the truck. I'm just going to see how it settles with the 32's on.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:07 AM

Finally the lift is complete. The truck looks great and I took her for a test drive last night and nothing fell off or grinded.. Now I'm going to load her up on a trailer and take her to my buddies body shop to do a wheel alignment. I also added new pics to the photobucket as well. 6" Superlift Kit, Pro Comp AT tires 32's, 15 x 8 Soft 8 wheels with 4.5" back space, Yukon 4.11 gears, Hypertech Controller. Last is to install the B&M transcooler but that only takes a few minutes to do.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:09 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

SWEEEEETTTT!!!!

that looks GREAT!

Old 12-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks Amazing!!

Old 12-30-2007, 09:52 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

looks great. it doesnt even look like the same blazer

Old 12-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

woaw lots of work there, good job[sm=happybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: Lift Install Finally