General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Lift Install Finally

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 12:41 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lift Install Finally

awesome

Old 12-30-2007, 04:06 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Looks sweet!

Good work!

Old 12-30-2007, 04:17 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

looks sweet

Old 12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys. Well bad luck strikes again. Seems somehow the 4wd actuator broke apart while driving to get my wheel alignment done. So if anyone has a spare one, let me know asap.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:50 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW! The truck looks really amazing. Great work.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: nj4x4blaze

Thanks guys. Well bad luck strikes again. Seems somehow the 4wd actuator broke apart while driving to get my wheel alignment done. So if anyone has a spare one, let me know asap.
That bites... Hopefully not too hard of a fix, though

Old 12-30-2007, 10:46 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Well the truck looks good. Hopefully you can find a replacement actuator for a reasonable price and get it fixed. Can't wait to see what it looks like all dirty.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:26 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, its lookin sweet dude. Definately one heck of a dramatic difference. Makes me wish i wasnt broke and lazy so i could get Dale that tall.

As for the 4x4 actuator, do you mean the vacuum actuator under the battery for the front diff or the encoder motor in the t-case? If its the one under the battery you can have mine as i switched to a 4x4 posi-lok cable. Last i checked it still worked and there is no tears in the diaphram. I just stopped using it because i'm pretty sure i got a vacuum leak somewhere so i wasnt getting enough pull to keep it goin. PM me your zip code and if shipping is cheap ill send it to ya free of charge.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:51 PM
prozach1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

very nice considering getting one for my self, was there any welding you needed to do?

Old 01-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: RCars2

Man, its lookin sweet dude. Definately one heck of a dramatic difference. Makes me wish i wasnt broke and lazy so i could get Dale that tall.

As for the 4x4 actuator, do you mean the vacuum actuator under the battery for the front diff or the encoder motor in the t-case? If its the one under the battery you can have mine as i switched to a 4x4 posi-lok cable. Last i checked it still worked and there is no tears in the diaphram. I just stopped using it because i'm pretty sure i got a vacuum leak somewhere so i wasnt getting enough pull to keep it goin. PM me your zip code and if shipping is cheap ill send it to ya free of charge.
PM Sent...
Im sorry yes its the Vaccume Actuator under the battery. When you do this lift kit you have to relocate it. So i went to the junk yard and picked on up for $20.00.

Przach1988- If you into my photobucket link it shows you all the work I had to do. Theres alot of cutting and welding involved. I would reccomend the BDS kit instead because theres minor cutting and welding.

Quick Reply: Lift Install Finally