General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Lifting the Blazer, worth the $?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Beginning Member
GimmieBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lifting the Blazer, worth the $?

I bought my '94 S-10 Blazer in Dec. of 06 just because I needed a car that day and it seemed like a good deal. I had no intentions of going off road at the time. It wasn't until lately that I discovered how fun it is and I tried it with the Blazer. It's not happening in stock form. Everything is too steep or too deep. So I got on here and another forum and did some research. It seems like I don't have many options with lift kits. I'm not real big into mudding, I prefer hitting up trails and going wherever. I'm needing bigger tires, lots of lift, and plenty of flex. Unless I'm not finding something... it seems like it'd be cheaper to buy an already lifted Cherokee for 4k or so. I've seen several in good shape with 33s-35s in that price range close by. A few with winches, lockers, rock sliders, and new bumpers. I really don't want to buy another vehicle because I'm trying to find a bike right now and I don't need three cars and a bike. But at the same time I don't want to have more money than needed in an offroading rig that's going to get beat to hell. I just don't know what to do right now and would like some input. A SFA swap seems like more than I want to get into and I'm not sure about these Trail Master lift kits and the like. Do I have anymore options or is this it? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse

Old 03-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Beginning Member
GimmieBoost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lifting the Blazer, worth the $?

ORIGINAL: inoyoudidit

nobody cares
**** off.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:37 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

the various trialmaster, bds, and superlift kits are about all there is. www.3leaffab.com is working a SFA kit and reallift is working on a super-beefed up IFS system.

https://blazerforum.com/m_123415/tm.htmsome info on the various lifts available

Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

If you can buy a lifted Cherokee, I would just do that because its going to cost you alot to upgrade your truck to go wheeling. Figure the cost of a lift kit, tires, new wheels (optional),gears, and replacing items that were caused from wear and tear. Also if you are not installing it yourself, you have to pay someone to install it so that's not going to be cheap.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy the jeep! the blazer lift + tires 3k easily!

plus all the time putting it in...or paying someone to put it in!

also depends on what your usuing it for...if its your DD and you want a 6" lift, to cruise the malls, then no...it isnt worth the money...

if your into the whole offroading scene, you have the time and money to replace broken parts...then yes it could be a good investment!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:22 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Are you wanting to build a dedicated trail rig? Sure sounds like it with what you believe you need to play off road. Start with getting a set of offroad tires and putting a locker in the rear. You'll be amazed at where you can go with just those two upgrades. If that doesn't satisfy you then I'd get a Jeep. Much cheaper to mod a Jeep as there is a huge aftermarket for them, not so much for the S-10.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo
dont mind the lunatic in post #2, he's just a banned member trying to get attention
You really shouldn't talk about yourself like that, Matt!

Old 03-06-2008, 12:32 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: TripleBlackBlazer

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo
dont mind the lunatic in post #2, he's just a banned member trying to get attention
You really shouldn't talk about yourself like that, Matt!
lol its edited now.for those that didnt see the thread before his post was removed, it was Brian (felonyblazer96) who had returned with a different username (inoyoudidit)...

Old 03-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No need to dwell on the past. Moving on...

Old 03-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you would be better off trying to buy a jeep that is already lifted, saves you a lot of stress and money.

Quick Reply: Lifting the Blazer, worth the $?