General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

A list of common annoying S-10 Blazer quirks.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: A list of common annoying S-10 Blazer quirks.

I have not considered putting this as a sticky simply because 75% of all things noted here really aren't common problems. For instance, of all of the things you listed, the oil lines, rear window squeaks, hinge pins, idler arm, 4x4 problems, and possibly the heater blower are the only 'common' problems.

Leather seats that are ripped is a care & maintenance issue. Mine are doing very well and all I do is put some leather cleaner/conditioner on there 2-3 times a year. No drain plug on the trans... Good luck finding a stock pan on a ton of other vehicles with a trans drain plug. My stock headlights do just fine. IMO, silverstar or any of those blue tint bulbs are a placebo. But whatever. Power mirror switch is a new one. Distributor on the back of the engine...? Oh dear. Plugs...? What about the plugs?

A much more appropriate title to this thread would be "What have you had go wrong with your Blazer?" rather than "A list of common annoying S-10 Blazer quirks.". Then from here another locked sticky can be made with the "Most Common Issues" as present in this thread.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Zygoat is an unknown quantity at this point

i got the hood latch thing i lubed up all the springs and everything on the hood latch and it works good again (i had the issue where i had to push the hood down)

i also got a reallly squeeky rear window(hatch) i found that a nylon bushing stops it but its a pita to put in and get to work.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 PM
hoop85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Truck- 1985 stock 2.8L
Miles-over 200k

Common problems-
Driver side window motor is slow and I brake the glass clips about 1 every 6 months.
Seat recline lever is broke.
Never had the hood latch problem the cable snapped once and I got one from the junkyard.
Rattles but what do you expect from a 22 year old truck!
The 3rd spark plug never had a problem I just unbolt the oil dipstick tube and move it out of the way an its a staright shot, use a standard socket and ratchet.

I sure seealot of 22 year old HONDAS in the junk yards but not too many on the road, quality engineering Huh?

Old 03-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Beginning Member
oshkosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
On my door lock mechanism(Pass side) there is an arm that has what appears to be a silicone/rubber end on it that fits into another piece,that was torn and would cause it to pop out.So I flippedthe rubber endaround,cleaned and lubed every thingand so far so good.
Mind you I had to take the door apart,window channelsto do this and it probably would have been smarter just to replace the mechanism with a new one with the labor being the same.Lots of little cuts as it is a very tight fit and sharp metal edges..

Old 01-26-2008, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I would have to say most annoying to me is when my windows stick in the up position and only after spraying water on them in the gasket area around the window do they work!! I got it fixed now though I had to clean the crap outta the rubber and make it pliable again and also clean the top edges of the window helps too!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:08 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't really had to do much major on mine yet. But I have a big to-do list: sagging drivers door, needs a new alternator, needs intake gasket, and new brakes (new set was installed like three months ago[:'(])
only real annoying things are the rattles... the tape player annoyed me soo much before i just finally took it out. the doors,dash and rear window squeak SO much! but o well otherwise its been an awesome truck!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:54 AM
hls811 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got the squeek in the dash too.. Its kind of comforting to know its not just mine - Now I don't have to go crazy taking the dash apart to try and find it - I can just turn the radio up a bit and ignore it!

I've only had my '04 for a week and thats the only thing I've noticed so far. I had an '02 - and I had pretty good luck with it - the only real "quirk" it had was that the front passenger window motor died on me and the lower exterior molding on the driver/passenger windows lifting. I'm surprised no one else mentioned that - I see alot of Blazers on the road with that issue...

The issue that people are mentioned with the passenger seat level breaking, is that the reclining lever or is that for the release to get into the back seat on 2 door models? (I have a 4 door, but curious if its something I should look out for...)

Old 01-28-2008, 10:18 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: hls811
The issue that people are mentioned with the passenger seat level breaking, is that the reclining lever or is that for the release to get into the back seat on 2 door models? (I have a 4 door, but curious if its something I should look out for...)
It's the recline lever. It's most commonly caused by keeping weight on the seat while trying to recline it. Here is a common fix.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

bah. I've only had three of those problems. The door hinge, the seat levers, and spark plugs. Ceramic pads are worth it if you cant keep brakes on it!!!! I'm at 23,000 milesand counting and you can't tell the pads are worn!

Old 01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

The only annoying thing I have is a loud hum, sounds like a fan, when the truck starts up. No idea what it could be, but it goes away after like 15 seconds.

Quick Reply: A list of common annoying S-10 Blazer quirks.