General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

locked my keys in

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 05:37 PM
jpap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default locked my keys in

wow i couldnt be more embarrassed and pissed off at myself. I locked my keys in my car and my spares are 60 miles away. i tried to use a coat hanger, but it was to flimsy to push the unlock button and too short to push the hatch release. anyone ever sucessfully broken into their own blazer?? tips please.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Starting Member
junkmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: locked my keys in

I don't know if this is BS or not, but for what it's worth: I got this in my email one day : 5 things you never knew your cell phone could do.

One of the things is to UNLOCK your car doors (if you have remote keyless entry). Anyway, here goes: Call someone at home on their cell phone with your cell phone, hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person press the "unlock" button on the remote (holding the remote to the cell phone), the car door should unlock.

Please let us know if this actually works. I have not verified this info but the author of the e-mail swears it will work. Worth a try, I guess.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I got that email too! never tried it but I have heard that it does work.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:42 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the exact same thing one time...took my sister to court 64 miles away and locked my keys in the blazer on top of the roof of a parking garage....I made a 90 degree bend in the top of my antenna and used that for leverage to unscrew the antenna....then lift up on the window belt molding and use the antenna like a slim jim...I had it open in less than 2 minutes!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:45 PM
jpap is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys. I found a piece of iron in my buddys garage and managed to crack the top of the door enough to slide it in and push the unlock. by the way, the cell phone keyless entry thing does NOT work sad to say. cell phones dont pick up that kind of signal i guess.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:04 AM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

I was going to post use a coat hanger. same idea.

I helped a guy at a grocery store parking lot. I pulledonthetop of the door away from the roof. He slid the hanger in and popped the lock. My finger tips remember that cold day.[:'(]

Old 03-30-2007, 09:09 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

From what I hear, a tennis ball will work...

Old 03-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you got it unlocked. The one time I did that was in my parking garage here at work...I just called CAA

Old 03-30-2007, 09:22 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Also, carrying spares on you doesn't hurt... For the $3 or so it costs to get a key cut, I don't see why a lot of people seem to never have a spare on hand, lol

Old 03-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Ya, I need to leave one here at work. My gf has my other spare, and I really should carry one in my wallet.

Quick Reply: locked my keys in