General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

long travel for a 4x4 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Beginning Member
ethan.zick is on a distinguished road
Default long travel for a 4x4 blazer

i was wondering if anyone here has or seen a kit for long travel for a 94 4x4 s10 blazer

Old 03-13-2010, 12:44 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

What do you mean by "long travel"? Did you mean suspension lift?

Old 03-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Beginning Member
ethan.zick is on a distinguished road

yes i mean a suspension lift i will probally do spring over in the back but im mainly looking to find a longer a-arm and cv axle kit

Old 03-13-2010, 05:12 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Old 03-14-2010, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Doint the spring over in the rear will give you ~4.5" of lift... longer A-arms and CV axles will only end up widening the stance up front. You'll need a 5 inch suspension lift to match your spring over in the rear... $$$ pricey.

The reason you can't just make front suspension parts longer to achieve this is because of the design of the front end. The angles in the CV joints will be too severe and they'll just bind up and won't even turn. Guys who crank up the front ends 2" sometimes end up having problems like this where the CV axles bind and wear out prematurely.

The 5 inch suspension lift lowers the mounting points for...
-front suspension arms
-sway bar
-front differential to maintain a "healthy" CV axle angle for longevity sake

This is a kit from BDS who are very reputable. http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/166H

On 95+ S-series trucks they make a 6 inch kit, but on your model you only get 5 for some reason... not sure why. They call for a max tire size of 32x11.5 inches, but I think you'd be able to go up to 33" if you wanted by adding a 2-3" body lift on top of that.

Hope this helps, not quite as easy as it sounds. Read everything on the page,they list tools that you'll need and other little pointers.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road

If you're talking about "prerunner" style long travel suspension, its going to be tough. Fabtech used to make a kit, but they don't anymore from what I've read. I found one other kit, but I forgot to save the link and I've been kicking myself ever since. I've spent hours upon hours on Google trying to find a company that makes a long travel kit for s-10s.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:20 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough
Old 04-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Starting Member

Cool! There has to be a 4x4 kit out there somewhere.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:08 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Ive heard it not worth doing on the s10 chassis. If your actually gonna pre-run it and jump it, you need ALOT of frame reinforcement! Plus that link I posted said for off-road use only and not to go over 40 (I'm thinking MPH).

Old 04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Starting Member

Whaaaaaat? I didn't read it, but what use is having a prerunner if you're only going to go 40 mph?!

Quick Reply: long travel for a 4x4 blazer