General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Lookin for a new blazer need opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Beginning Member
TriBlaKer is on a distinguished road
Default Lookin for a new blazer need opinion

I'm lookin for a different blazer as mine is just having too many problems that I don't have time to deal with.

So i saw this and was looking for some second opinion, http://muskegon.craigslist.org/cto/2015299331.html

and if you know of anyone let me know I dont have too much but im desperate so we'll see

Old 11-01-2010, 08:00 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

That ones a little too expensive for the mileage. And besides, do you really want a 5 speed? Automatics are easier. Keep on lookin, i got mine for $2,000. Just gotta wait.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by matt92
That ones a little too expensive for the mileage. And besides, do you really want a 5 speed? Automatics are easier. Keep on lookin, i got mine for $2,000. Just gotta wait.
Yeah easier but at the same time, im not too big for trail riding, just the occasional off-road junk. So a 5-speed would be nice they get a lil bit better gas mileage also.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

thats true, but stick can get annoying....

It disable's eating while driving.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:32 AM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

I agree a bit pricey for the miles. Does it have all the options tilt cruse A/C, PW PL etc?
Personally I think the 5sp is a real goodie. Your right better mileage less trouble as far as maintenance. I have a friend that owned an 89 Astro Van 4.3 with a 5 gear 2 wheel drive. He use to get 28 + MPG.
See if you can talk this guy down. Check the Kelly Blue Book private Sale price & see what they say. Then go from there. An 02 5sp Blazer 4x4 are not that common. So sometimes you have to pay a little more if the 5sp is something you really want. Just an example of this is the 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. It was a one year only model with every option Chrysler offered in 1998. Go on Ebay or Auto Trader.com & try to find one & check out what people are asking & in most cases getting for one. We own one so I follow them. Compare them to a regular 1998 Jeep GC price wise.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:01 AM
Beginning Member

I checked kbb and they suggested high 3k for good condition, and this one has all the options. Thanks though I'll keep y'all updated on this and I'll keep my eyes open for anything and everything, if you know someone in the Northern Michigan area selling something similar to a blazer let me know.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Sturg is on a distinguished road
Old 11-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Sturg
Nova Scotia, lol. But thanks for lookin.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:28 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by matt92
thats true, but stick can get annoying....

It disable's eating while driving.
I disagree completely, I ate many a meal in my 5spd Blazer that I drove for 2 years. You just have to be quick to shift and then put your hand back on the wheel... 1 second of no handedness... and even then, with a fry in my hand I could still shift with the shifter **** between my pinky and palm.

You are not a Jedi yet.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
I disagree completely, I ate many a meal in my 5spd Blazer that I drove for 2 years. You just have to be quick to shift and then put your hand back on the wheel... 1 second of no handedness... and even then, with a fry in my hand I could still shift with the shifter **** between my pinky and palm.

You are not a Jedi yet.

I am ha, I use to eat in my 5 spd all the time. It's all about quickness.

Quick Reply: Lookin for a new blazer need opinion