General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

looking to buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 06:18 PM
big_charms@hotmail.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking to buy

well iv saved up money for a new blazer and i have been looking but not having much luck till today, i came acrost a 2000 chevy blazer in a small dealer, it has 27500km on it but the body is in EMACULANT condition runs really well. the dealer says he will sell it for $1500 down from 1750.
problems
low beams and high beams dont work
the auto locks werent working
the cluster didnt apper to light up as well as the mialage part didnt ither.
and the heater dosent work, the dealer was told its not the heater core it the computer for the heater, the previus owner had a quote done for the repair and it was $800.

is this a good deal
thanks

Attached Thumbnails looking to buy-f13aafdc6912d680787d9cba6109a911x.jpg   looking to buy-e180c96acd3b2757f192c552044f5deex.jpg   looking to buy-06bd93d970581899df12184732d5ff8ax.jpg   looking to buy-f0f1ecba4453760208e28885709b00f3x.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 07:11 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

It looks clean but most of these little dealers can make a turd shine LOL

It has high mileage and issues that are going to cost some time and money to fix
He likely only gave the guy $500 as a trade in
He wont be able to sell it as anything but AS IS without putting some money into it

Offer him $500 , he would be lucky to get that if they drove it to the bone yard IMO
Tell him you got $500 cash in your pocket if he says no, leave him your phone number in case he changes his mind
Play it cool like you dont care one way or another

In reality I just bought a 05 certified and etested with only 150K km for $3800

search kijiji.ca ,there are tons for sale in Ontario , and they dont sell very fast
Tell him that

Last edited by rexazz2; 04-20-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:12 PM

I hear where your coming from Rex. I have been watching kijiji but haven't had much luck the blazers in The area are either rusting or same mileage or have had a engine or tranny replaced. I looked over the Body very well and it's really clean no rust showing on the body and very little underneath. And even if I have to swap the engine out in a few years it wouldn't be the end of The world easy work.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:10 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

There is no computer that controls the heater. We can help ya fix anything you need to on it, thats not a big deal.

Dont pay 1500 for it. Like the above poster says, offer him a lowball like 750 tops. If he doesnt want to take it, then leave your number.

Also, theres many better deals on kijiji. I would walk away from this one myself.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:20 PM

That's probably What I'll do. Fixing What's wrong shouldn't be a problem. I just can't do body work.
As far as kijiji goes there isn't anything in my general area That's either in my price range or has a decent body or mileage. So I'm gonna test drive it and probably only offer $1000 taxes included tops less hassle including taxes imo

Old 04-20-2013, 11:43 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

low and high beams could be something simple as corrosion in the plug/socket.

what needs to be said has already been said... offer low.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:34 AM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

The body can be in immaculate condition, but it's going down the pisser mechanically, then it's going down the pisser mechanically. There's no two ways about it, unless your intent is to use it as a lawn ornament. If I put a crack ***** in a nice dress and makeup, she's still a crack *****, you know?
Then you consider that you don't know what else there is... what will turn up if you were to, say, buy oil samples from Caterpillar and have them analyze the engine oil, diff fluid, ATF, transfer case oil, and coolant?
But, like they're saying already, if you can lowball the guy, then do so.
Some of what you listed hints at potential problems with the electrical system, and I'd definitely recommend you do a charging system test before you commit to buying. All you need is a digital multimeter... you should be getting around 13v from the alternator at a low idle, and around 14 at high.
And what does he mean when he talks about a computer which controls the heater? Unless you have Automatic or Semi Automatic Temperature Control (ATC/SATC), there is no such computer.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by big_charms@hotmail.com
well iv saved up money for a new blazer and i have been looking but not having much luck till today, i came acrost a 2000 chevy blazer in a small dealer, it has 27500km on it but the body is in EMACULANT condition runs really well. the dealer says he will sell it for $1500 down from 1750.
problems
low beams and high beams dont work
the auto locks werent working
the cluster didnt apper to light up as well as the mialage part didnt ither.
and the heater dosent work, the dealer was told its not the heater core it the computer for the heater, the previus owner had a quote done for the repair and it was $800.

is this a good deal
thanks

How many miles on it? 27500 Km is only a little over 17,000 miles. It has no headlights, no heater, chassis electrical problems and the dealer isn't going to fix them. I know several dealers, some I actually trust. If it is easy to fix, they fix it so they'd get more money from the car.

I wouldn't bother even low balling the dealer. Ankle down the road. All you're getting is a pile of parts.

Kijiji is now Ebay classifieds and I've found them to be rather sparse on offerings. Craiglist does better but you have to be careful of the scammers.If you don't mix words and numbers in a phone number, or add extra letters to an e-mail address, you get swamped with scammers.

Personally, I have a lot of fun with scammers. I send them to a link that says "US paypal payment". It's actual address is ebolamonkeyman.com It pretty well slaps them around.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:21 PM

Well the dealer walked me through his garage to the lot and for What equipment if has all he dose is vacuum the vehicles out and sells them. If says he never bothered with it because it was only a trade in which could just be a load of b.s.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
How many miles on it? 27500 Km is only a little over 17,000 miles.
I suspect he meant 275 000km / 171k miles

Quick Reply: looking to buy