General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Lost our Blazer to a careless driver.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Lost our Blazer to a careless driver.

Yep - No time to react to his careless descision last night.

My wife and I both went to the hospital and got all kinds of x-rays and my wife and I are ok, but a little sore and still shocked.

60~76 MPH combined speed at imapct and then hit a pole and spun around it before coming to a stop.

Thank God our two-year-old was still at the sitters. We were on our way to pic her up.

The impact was enough to shatter my front wheel and blow the passenger door skin completely off of the Honde Civic.

Again, we are OK.

P.S. Always tie down(I sure did) your gear in the back and have some rock sliders made... I firmly believe it kept the Honda Civic from crushing in the driver's side door!

Last edited by Bigringtravis; 12-22-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:08 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Dang, that sucks man. Good thing you guys were ok though.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:09 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Holy crap man! Glad to hear you are both OK. What happened?

Old 12-22-2011, 07:11 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

wow that was some ride im happy you guys are alright and glad that your child was at the sitters still

Old 12-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

The driver of the Civic raced through a left turn yield on green. Funny part was, the guy that went before him cut it closer than I like so I blew my horn and flashed the high-beams at him.

Last thing I remember was seeing the second car's headlights being eclipsed behind my sideview mirror and then a lot of noise and smoke. We went airborn spinning around and then into the pole that the traffic light was on. Then we spun around the pole. Both of us were facing the complete opposite direction we were traveling.

Our tire left a NASCAR style tire rub mark up by the rear quarter window - Both the passenger side windows were blown out and the door skin too.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:40 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bigringtravis
The driver of the Civic raced through a left turn yield on green. Funny part was, the guy that went before him cut it closer than I like so I blew my horn and flashed the high-beams at him.

Last thing I remember was seeing the second car's headlights being eclipsed behind my sideview mirror and then a lot of noise and smoke. We went airborn spinning around and then into the pole that the traffic light was on. Then we spun around the pole. Both of us were facing the complete opposite direction we were traveling.

Our tire left a NASCAR style tire rub mark up by the rear quarter window - Both the passenger side windows were blown out and the door skin too.

that just sucks at least every 1s alright

is the insurance buying the truck off you ?

Old 12-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Starting Member
btmbass is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to hear everyone is ok! Your truck was my favorite on the site. I used it for getting ideas about my truck a lot.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Starting Member
antman94 is on a distinguished road

Damn Im glad you guys are ok. I always thought you had a great looking truck on your sig. What are you thinking for the next vehicle?

Old 12-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sorry to hear that, I am truly glad that you are all okay and your truck was the only loss could have been much worse hope to see you back up and running soon

Old 12-22-2011, 08:54 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

glad to read your both alright...looks like the old girl stood by ya till the end.
good point on the rock sliders...never thought of that but it makes sense.

Quick Reply: Lost our Blazer to a careless driver.