General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Love your Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Love your Blazer?

I really do. I always wanted a blazer since I was in elementary school. I wanted it to be my my first car, as it already is. I never thought I would get as far as I have in adding extras to it. Although it is a '96, I must say it doesn't appear to be. It is in great cosmetic condition. The only thing is that it has given me a few problems, and has torn up my pockets a little bit. But I have had installed many replacement parts on it, to keep it running right. The biggest impact that I have received, is that just a few days ago, my tranny went. I have decided to have it rebuilt, because I believe that it will be worth it. Besides, my grandfather, may he rest in peace, is the one that bought this truck for me. He wanted me to have this truck, and therefore, that is the reason why I will keep it along with all the love I have for it. I could name a very large list of maintenance, along with another list of mods that I have done to it. And I still have quite a long way to go. I have thought about buying another vehicle, but my budget doesn't allow me to, and then my mind keeps telling me to keep the truck. This is my first vehicle, and it has been my project ever since I got it.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:53 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Love your Blazer?

ya these blazers r great! i was kinda into the blazer b4 i got it as my first vehicle but once i got it i fell in love w/ it and its perfect for my personality. and ya the repairs can get expensive sometimes but luckily i havent had to do anything majorly priced to mine yet. i fix the stuff my self w/ the help of my dad who is a mechanic so that cuts down on the price of repair a lot.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I first got my blazer it was just your average plain jane blazer. I liked it, but wouldn't say I loved it.Now that I have modded it to my likeing I can honestly say I love it. It makes for a great DD year around and looks good too.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Starting Member
firemansc32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always wanted a Zr2. Seven years of driving then this just kinda fell into my lap. It's the first vechile that I bought myself. My proir rides were the family farm trucks. I don't plan on ever getting rid of it until the wheels fall off of it. But then I'd probably just bolt them back on.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 04-01-2008, 12:35 AM
navyblue_sk8er is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I hate my blazer. Thats why I joined a blazer forum(sarcasm). HECK YEAH I LOVE MY BLAZER!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:01 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Love my blazer with all my heart, I have put countless amounts of blood, sweat and tears into it since I got it!! Someone asked me the other day if I was proud of my blazer cause by the pure sight of it they said it was proud of me, I answered him yes I am very proud of my blazer it is treating me very well!!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:58 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I love mine

Gets kinda thirsty sometimes...

But that'll change once I can afford a new-ish AFM 5.3L [sm=badbadbad.gif]

It's comfy... And I fit, which is the biggest thing, lol.

Oh, and it's 5-speed.
My front diff is beefier than most ZR2's [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 04-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Starting Member
BlackBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

i love my blazer but sadly i am too poor to add anything to it
i am going to drive the old girl til she finally lays down and dies

Old 04-01-2008, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

To be honest, I used to think these smallish SUVs were a waste of money. That is until I was in my brother's Bronco II and saw just how nimble it was in tight turns offroad. Then I saw the real use for them. I saw a few ZR2s on the lot when I brought my wife's car in for some work and did a little research. I had a C1500 at the time that I was tearing up using it for hunting and fishing and decided I need a dedicated hunting/fishing vehicle that was much better offroad. I bought the black one and haven't looked back since. In the process of making it just a bit more capable offroad as it's not a DD anymore.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

no... i dont.... but my blazer hates me too, so it kinda work out! lol I abuse it, and it returns the favor with horrible gas mileage! I drive slow and it hits buildings, I touch the gas too hard and it burns the **** out of my expensive tires! geez, the madness never ends.... I Loathe my gas mileage! but I love my truck as a whole, however I still think it hates me...

Quick Reply: Love your Blazer?