General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

low profile scoop for 4.3...yay or nay

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 09:41 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default low profile scoop for 4.3...yay or nay

Would i be helping myself out with gains at all? i have a round air filter attached to the tbi like a small block v8,so im not running the stock air filter housing. specs in sig.

im looking at something like this :

Old 05-24-2009, 09:45 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Those particualr ones look like fake, stick-on scoops. The area in the middle of the hood is a low pressure air zone, not very good for intake. You need a scoop either at the front of the hood or at the rear near the bottom of the windshield like the old Chevy cowl induction type from the early '70s.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:42 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

definite 100% nay

Old 05-24-2009, 03:05 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Nay nay nay! (one nay was too short for posting!) LOL

Old 05-24-2009, 09:05 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

NAAY!! please do not waste your money on stick on anything (hood scoops, fender vents,etc.)

Old 05-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
NAAY!! please do not waste your money on stick on anything (hood scoops, fender vents,etc.)
I am with mikeinwi on this one. I am a firm believer in NOT putting anything on a vehicle that doesn't actually perform a function. It is like slapping a SS sticker on a Ford Tempo and saying it is a drag car.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:22 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If for some crazy reason you do decide to buy these and stick them on your truck...be sure to match the body color atleast lol.
There is a car driving around here (sunfire I think?) with these scoops. It's a black car, and the scoops and all accents on the car are yellow. It's nothing short of discusting lol.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:25 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Think that's bad SISK? There's tons of cars like that just north of my city lol...
Check this one out. Does it serve a functional purpose? At least it's the same colour as the body.

But back to the original topic... were you thinking of buying a ram-air hood with actual functional scoops?

Attached Thumbnails low profile scoop for 4.3...yay or nay-sspx0272.jpg  
Old 05-26-2009, 08:40 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

I hate the wings with the brake lights-especially when the stock window brake light is also working.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
Think that's bad SISK? There's tons of cars like that just north of my city lol...
Check this one out. Does it serve a functional purpose? At least it's the same colour as the body.

But back to the original topic... were you thinking of buying a ram-air hood with actual functional scoops?
BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...the people at work actually just asked me when I laughed out loud lol...

I wonder why people actually think this looks good? or do they do it just to be an idiot and look stupid?

Quick Reply: low profile scoop for 4.3...yay or nay