General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

lucis oil stablizer

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 AM
2003_blazer is on a distinguished road
Default lucis oil stablizer

My buddy swears by it in his civic and I am just wondering if ir really does any thing or is it just gloryfied heavy wake oil? Figure I ask here cuz any were else all ya get is smart *** replys this form is really good for asking any question hah

Old 03-13-2012, 10:08 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Its pretty good stuff. Lucas is about the only mystery oil in a can that i'll use. Restore is a good one too.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:11 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

If you aren't having any problems and change your oil regularly I don't see the need for any additives. I've got over 210,XXX miles on mine and have run plain old dino oil since new.

I've got a 1990 C1500 with over 300,XXX miles and the same holds true.

If you have a lifter ticking I might try some, more than likely Marvel Mystery Oil. I do, however, believe in using Lucas in the gas tank every time I change the oil (every 3000 miles).

Old 03-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Beginning Member
blazer1992 is on a distinguished road

I have used the lucas and it works good but dont use it if you dont need it, i put it in my blazer and lots of noises started, but i have seen crappy running vehicles with tons of noises suddenly dissapear

Old 03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

The only mystery oil you'll use eh?

Marvel Mystery Oil is good stuff too ya know!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:37 PM
bajablazer93 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used rotela straight 30 and lucas oil stabilizer and it made my blazer run so quiet in the engine compartment. I think the stuff works awsome if you have a high milelage vehicle. But i will warn you the stuff is like snot and its a little difficult to get off lol.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:59 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I use marvel mystery oil in my gas and oil , it keeps things nice and clean internally . I have only used Lucas in transmissions and its great for that and in my gas for my bike , I don't like there interior cleaner , its not worth a crap .

Old 03-30-2012, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

I've used Lucas Mucas in my engine, their gas additive in the tank & trans fluid as well.
Gas additive helps clean it out really well I've found & it goes in every 3rd tank or so.
The oil Lucas "Mucas" I used before & when I did an oil change it was actually dirtier than hell, next change it looked like I put the oil in a week before. Engine ran smoother & the oil pressure stepped up a bit.
As for the trans mucas it saved me a few months before I got the trans rebuilt & upgraded. The blazer wouldn't go into reverse when it was cold, I had to warm it up in neutral 1st. Lucas got it shifting properly & going into reverse until I got the trans rebuilt.
A mechanic that services our forklifts at work swears by it. "It's the only additive I've found that actually does what it says"! He's been a mechanic for 15 years officially & working on vehicles for probably 30.

Also if you choose to use either the oil or trans mucas - put it in a bucket of hot (not boiling) water for 20 mins. You'll be thankful, trust me.
I wouldn't use too much of it though or "just because you can". A properly maintained vehicle that hasn't been abused or neglected should be just fine using a good quality oil be it regular or synthetic.

Last edited by Rottidog; 04-01-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:54 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

I like Lucas products. I don't use it in engines unless they are real old & noisy. I used it in my 97 Blazer because it had a knock & lower than normal oil pressure (for a 90,000 miles I owned it) I sold the that Blazer & it is still running OK. In fact my wife & I missed our Blazer so much we bought a 98 4x4 Blazer LT. We have a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited & I prefer the Blazer to drive.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

the oil stabilizer or "mucas" is good stuff, but like everyone else says unless the engine is on it's way out or noisy as hell i won't use it in anything.

Funny story, a buddy of mine had an old ford ranger with like 300k on it, it had a rod knock. he put straight lucas in it and ran it like that for about 15k miles, it didn't make the knock go away completely, but it kept that engine going for 15k miles with a spun bearing. that's pretty impressive lol.

The thing about the lucas is it's just a friction modifier, but it's so thick that it makes for hard starting in cold cold cold weather. it does what it does well, but it's still mechanic in a can. My theory is, if there's something wrong that can be fixed, fix it right instead of covering it up. Because even though it's cheaper now in the long run covering it up is going to be more expensive. If there's a major major problem that is going to require a rebuild and you're just trying to get by for a week or two till the money is there for the rebuild...by all means go for it.

Quick Reply: lucis oil stablizer