General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Making Changes

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 04:25 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

eh we all are in the same boat

mines getting 17 highway 15 city and gas is 3.67 here. 340 miles per tank =/ id hate to get rid of my favorite ride

Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Welp, went hunting for Trackers today...I'm not sure I can bring myself to ditch my Blazer after all lol...Oil change tomorrow. I'll let you know if I did the oil filter swap.

EDIT - RAIN DELAY

Last edited by BlaziNator; 02-10-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 PM

Oil changed, didn't delete the lines. They aren't leaking yet. When they do I'll delete them...or at least attempt to.

Also, I finished replacing the ball joints again today. I had noticed a clunking sound for a while now when I would back up and turn my wheels to the right. It also happened when I hit bumps or hit the brakes hard. I replaced the driver's side joints and they were in great shape. I went to replace the passenger's side however and found that the four retaining bolts on the upper ball joint had worked themselves loose....really loose. In turn, it killed both the top and bottom joints. All better now though.

I also found out a forum member lives in my apartment complex. You reading this neighbor?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:07 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

nice update theres nothing like good repairs done when needed

and small world eh ?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Beginning Member
Leo_p is on a distinguished road
Default Spare tire rack

You didn't have to reinforce anything when installing the tire mount in the back? Also, how do you about not being able to see out the back? I know thread is a few months old but I'm looking to relocate my spare tire cuz I've 31's and I don't think a 31 fits under truck

Old 04-18-2012, 11:53 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

ZR2 Blazers have 31's and the rear tire carrier and I can still see out the back. It really doesn't limit your vision that much.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Leo_p
You didn't have to reinforce anything when installing the tire mount in the back? Also, how do you about not being able to see out the back? I know thread is a few months old but I'm looking to relocate my spare tire cuz I've 31's and I don't think a 31 fits under truck
No, I just used the washers, so far so good. No bending, wrinkling, or sagging. DO NOT try to put a 31" tire under your truck. I did this when I got new tires. I hit a bump on a freeway in the middle of Dallas at night going 60; the tire pinched the metal brake line against my rear axle. It broke it. At my off-ramp I had basically no brakes and narrowly missed a tragic end. I then spent multiple hours and many trips to a 24-hour Autozone fabbing up some....interesting....brake lines. Live and learn.

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
ZR2 Blazers have 31's and the rear tire carrier and I can still see out the back. It really doesn't limit your vision that much.
Yes, it's still pretty good. However, I DID get the newer side views lol...it helps.

As a side note, I started doing 55 MPH on my speedometer (59 MPH by GPS) on the highway. I get where I'm going at a rate of 15 minutes lost for every 100 miles as I figure, and am seeing 19-20 MPG! I'll be keeping it. Now I'm fighting off an itch to paint it all in flat OD green and paint big white stars on it...

Last edited by BlaziNator; 04-18-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:56 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I can only see the tops of vehicles out of my back window. If there is a car close behind me I can't see it out the back. I've become very used to using my side mirrors for everything.