General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

mileage problem.......rant

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 10:56 PM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: mileage problem.......rant

Well I know that mine has the 3.73 gears in the rear end. It is an auto which will make it a little worse than the manuals and it is 4WD which also doesn't help on mileage.

I am thinking that come warmer weather I am going to change all the fluids in the drivetrain. I also bought a fuel filter and pcv valve (forgot one during last tune up)today and plan to install them soon.

What fluids would you guys recommend for the drivetrain. Automatic trans, rear end etc.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:20 AM
andrewjs18 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm assuming that all-terrain tires affect the gas mileage in a negative way? God, do I hate the sound A/T tires make!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:51 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Which tires are you running? My BFG's are pretty quiet... not all that far off of stock.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:05 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

If you really need to feel better about your gas milage, I could tell you what I get! [sm=boohoo.gif]

My super swampers are pretty noisy til they get warm, then they're not to bad as long as the tunes are cranked.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:05 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought you would get better mpg in the winter since the air is ice cold [&:]

Old 01-02-2008, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Fuel is more dense when its cold, so you use more.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:48 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

And there's more oxygen in cold air, too, so the computer dumps in more fuel.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:55 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

this has got to be at least 1000 different times this has been posted, we will all get different MPG, we all drive differet, live in different climates and have different items installed on our blazers

Old 01-03-2008, 03:30 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ And so that doesn't make it ok for someone to post their problem and see if anyone has a solution that, that person hasn't thought of?

Also does anyone have a preference for fluids for the drivetrain?

As for tires I am running stock. But I will be upgrading to 30's probably middle of next year. With this not so great mileage I am starting not to care if it gets worse lol.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is when everybody and their brother only states what they get for mileage with no mention of the conditions, etc and doesn't offer up any advice. Sooner or later, the original intent is completely lost.

As far as fluids go, I am partial to Amsoil SVG 75w90 for the diffs. If you have auto4wd, your only option for the transfer case is Autotrak II fluid from GM.

Quick Reply: mileage problem.......rant