General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Muffler fitting

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:32 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Muffler fitting

Go for the bigger tail pipe... it'll make the sound a touch deeper and louder

Old 12-20-2007, 05:45 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, because if I get the 2.5 tail pipe I'll be running 2.5 pipes all throughout the truck with a 2.5 muffler.
I can probably find tail pipes anywhere, any good specific brands? And will bending and cutting have to be done?

Old 12-20-2007, 06:02 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Your muffler shop can probably order one in that's a direct replacement... but 2.5" instead.

Any good shop should be able to bend one up for ya no problem, unless you want a fancy looking tip on the end, in which case, as long as it's stainless steel, and you like the looks of it, the shop can put it on the end of the tailpipe for ya.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:21 AM

I have to look for a shop near me who could install the muffler so they can order a larger pipe for me. Originally I was gonna take it to my mechanic but a performance shop would obviously be better.
I was looking at universal 2.5 inch pipes that require welding, but there's pretty good flowmaster tail pipes.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:02 AM
BF Veteran

If you get one bent by the shop, make sure they use a mandrel bender...

The tailpipe is just that... a piece of pipe, lol.

The shiny part at the end is just a tip...

Old 12-20-2007, 07:50 AM

Yeah, I might buy a tip for it. I want a pretty big tip.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:05 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

this is what my tip looks like.

CLICK (huge pic BTW)

that picture makes it look like the tip on the right is sticking out further than the tip on the left. thats just b/c of the curve in the bumper. i promise, it really is straight

Old 12-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Yeah, those are nice tips, I was looking at a few like that but I'd probably get stainless steal since it's cheaper than chrome.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:14 PM
BF Veteran

I need to get a fancy tip for mine one of these days, lol... maybe go for a double outlet like that, see how it affects my sound...

Old 12-20-2007, 03:27 PM

I'm not sure which looks better, a tail pipe that comes out the side, or a tail pipe that goes straight out the back.
If I got one that goes straight out the back, I'd put a dual tip on it, but I think it would look weird coming out the side.

Quick Reply: Muffler fitting