General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Beginning Member
Chandler is on a distinguished road
Default Mufflers

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and I would like some opinions from y'all. First off, I really like the thread on annoying quirks; I found my Blazer is no different and suffers from a number of these afflictions. What I need, though, are opinions on a good muffler. I had a Flowmaster on my 1994 GMC Sonoma 4 cyl. but I can't seem to remember which series it was. It was really noisy inside the cab, though, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. My Blazer is a 2002, 2wd, 2-door with the 4.3. I'm looking for something that will give me a throatier sound but without the noise in the cab; I'm not really concerned about how loud it is outside. I'm not a brand-snob either, so feel free to offer any suggestions. Thanks!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

First off, welcome! I know I speak for us all when I say- PICS!

With that being said, check out the Performance sub-forum. Lots of exhaust related threads in there. And the Flowmaster on your 2.2l Sonoma will sound COMPLETELY different on a 4.3 since its a completely different muffler. Check out Youtube for "4.3 insert brand here (Magnaflow, Cherry Bomb, Flowmaster, etc.) exhaust clip". Just find one you like, maybe send the video's creator a message asking how loud it is inside the cab.

Hope that helped.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks! I'll try to get some pictures soon, but you could go to Google and type in: "Black, 2002, 2-door, 2wd S-10 Blazer" and find mine, haha. I got the truck in 2008 which also happened to be my senior year of college. I didn't have the time or the money to really start modding it so I just started driving, haha. Now that I've graduated I've got plenty of time, and hopefully when I find a job I'll have some money so I can start doing a few things here and there. I was looking up mufflers on Youtube the other day and there was a guy that had a Magnaflow on his Blazer and it sounded really good. I know from working at a race track that alot of people swear by the Magnaflows because of their performance but I had never heard one on a 4.3. I might look into it. Thanks for the suggestion on the other thread, too, I'll give it a look.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:33 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Im running like a thrush welded. Same as a flowmaster 40sereis but half the price. Sounds deeper but not too loud. But like Phil said check out youtube, muffler boil down to personnel preference for the most part.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

welcome forum too, forum too welcome?

welcome

Old 03-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for all the help, y'all. I've been looking on Youtube and I think I've decided on a Magnaflow. I have some other stuff planned so I'll be sure to put up some pics when I get it done. Thanks again for all the help and the warm welcome.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:40 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I tried out a magnaflow for a friend who wanted to put it on his bmw. it had a nice deep sound to it but there was barely any noise in the cab I think that is what you are looking for

Old 03-03-2010, 02:12 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

I went with magna flow and i like that its loud when i get on the gas but its quiet when i dont want to hear it. Also the no rust thing is nice.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

IMO

flow masters dont sound good unless your driving a high performance motor or a v 8 of some kind...

the cherry bomb works very well on my blazer.

very loud and deep.

but thats what i like.. as loud as possible.

Quick Reply: Mufflers