General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

My 14FF has been located!!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default My 14FF has been located!!

Over 15 years ago I remember pulling the 14 bolt full floater rear from one of our farm trucks before we sent it off to the crusher. I had thought that this axle and the Dana-60 front axle from the pickup were both up at my dad's shale pit. I was half correct. My dad does not know what happened to the D60, but I did find the 14FF. At some point this week, I will grab the back hoe, yank it out of the hedge row, and get it into the shop. Hopefully it is still in good enough condition!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:12 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Good deal. Hopefully everything stayed sealed.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I hope it is in good condition. Beats buying a new one for sure!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Would have been better if it did not shift off of the telephone polls I remember putting it on all those years ago. One drum is half down in the dirt and it is sitting at about a 30* angle to the ground. I will not know how "bad" it is until I can get it apart. Right now it looks like a little bit of sand blasting and it will be good as new. Still better than paying the outrageous prices that other similar condition units are going for near me. Saw one that the entire thing was half underground that the guy wanted $700 for!...

Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Beginning Member
punx.inc is an unknown quantity at this point

thats why i'm glad i live in the corn belt, right in middle america. 1 ton's are available all over the place. i can pick em up for 200 at most. old farm trucks are sitting in every barnyard just about. yay for bfe lol

Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Yeah, there are a lot of trucks in the weeds around me, but everyone thinks they have a gold mine on their hands! There is a whole junkyard near me that no one goes to anymore because the guy is high on something as evidenced by the outrageous prices he asks for even the simplest of things.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Yeah, there are a lot of trucks in the weeds around me, but everyone thinks they have a gold mine on their hands! There is a whole junkyard near me that no one goes to anymore because the guy is high on something as evidenced by the outrageous prices he asks for even the simplest of things.
This wouldn't be the guy that was on the internet with the acres of old cars would it?

Old 05-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Administrator

This guy is DEFINITELY NOT on the internet!

Anyway, I think I might have found a Dana-60 and NP205 as well! I have someone checking into it. The guy is just planning on scrapping them. Offered $50 for the pair and he was happy. He said he does not know if the axle is a D60 or D44, but it definitely is 8-lug so either way I am taking it. I'll use the NP205 with my spare NP203 to make a doubler.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Beginning Member
punx.inc is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet jesus. i think i speak for everyone when i say, damn you, you lucky bastard lol. its amazing how great of deals you can get with some patience and snooping.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Pics of the 14FF this weekend!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 14FF has been located!!