General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

My 2019 to-do list

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 10:51 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

If I even had a slab of concrete here at the house I'd be getting more done, but dirt isn't going to cut it.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:38 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
If I even had a slab of concrete here at the house I'd be getting more done, but dirt isn't going to cut it.
That's the worst. Have to lay out wood just for jackstands.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:45 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I got some 2x8 plywood I keep tucked away for after it rains. Maybe if you got room, see about some 1inch 4x8 sheets, and cut them down to 2x8s, easy to handle, wide enough from side to side of the blazer, and durable enough to withstand a little beating....

Old 06-02-2019, 09:50 AM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I understand the lack of energy after work especially during your busy season when people discover they have little or no A/C.

Pick and choose from your list but some can be done without rising the truck. The steering coupler replacement would be one I recommend. I love the change after I did mine.

The brake switch isn't hard just have to squeeze in there and it takes less than 15 minutes. If you're talking about the brake pedal switch.

Old 06-02-2019, 10:52 AM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DonL
Maybe if you got room, see about some 1inch 4x8 sheets, and cut them down to 2x8s, easy to handle, wide enough from side to side of the blazer, and durable enough to withstand a little beating....
Originally Posted by 2001ZR2
The steering coupler replacement would be one I recommend. I love the change after I did mine.

The brake switch isn't hard just have to squeeze in there and it takes less than 15 minutes. If you're talking about the brake pedal switch.
I have thought about thick plywood and we have a Lowes nearby. It's easy to pick up as I have a long bed truck. Cutting them might be a different problem as I don't own a saw, but maybe the neighbor has one.

The brake switch, steering coupler, and other various small items I have, can be done without lifting the rig. I guess I've been in lazy mode since the heat hit. I need to keep reminding myself that winter is coming. Thx guys.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:48 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Thinking about it.... You don't have to worry about the snow! Lol

Old 08-11-2019, 09:50 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
My list for 2019 is :

Brushguard
New steel rims
new 30 inch tires
2.5 suspension lift
double din bezel
Stereo / GPS system
Legal tint windshield and side windows
Find a damn rear tire carrier.
So far, I have the rims, 31 inch Falkens, Stereo/GPS sitting in my garage. Got 30% 3M ceramic tints on my windows, and a double din bezel arriving tomorrow (thanks Jensen!). Getting a 3 inch body lift fabbed for me from a reputable builder. Haven't bought the Go Rhino brushguard yet but I will in a month or so. Still can't find the rear tire carrier to save my life.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:19 PM

If you lived closer, I would sell you my rear tire carrier. Think I'm going another direction with the spare ..

Old 08-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by N. Jensen
If you lived closer, I would sell you my rear tire carrier. Think I'm going another direction with the spare ..
How much would it cost to ship?

Old 08-11-2019, 07:50 PM

The thing is big and bulky, and heavy.... I'm sure it would be well over 100. Probably too big for usps... I'll see if I can get a quote from UPS and FedEx this week.

Quick Reply: My 2019 to-do list