General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

my blazer is SLOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:44 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my blazer is SLOW!!

i got an 02 xtreme. I drove our 98 lumina to work for the first time in a few months (wife drives it in town, its got 4 doors, easier with the kids). I decided to drive it to work and run it on the interstate today and man, i realized just how much faster it is than my blazer. its a 3.1L LOL from a dead stop or just gunning it, its a lot quicker. I'm not into making my xtreme faster, just something i noticed. Plus i like how the looks and flowmaster get all the attention

Old 09-04-2007, 04:23 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: my blazer is SLOW!!

hmm... sounds like you have the same problems I have with a slow blazer.... you should read through other forums.. apparently our two blazers are the only two slow ones in the world, because other people apparently EAT MUSTANGSwith their blazers!!!!! haha

Old 09-04-2007, 04:46 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a 2000 3.8L mustang for my 2nd car. They would absolutelywalk all overa blazer. I have seen that post, just decided to keep out of it. I guess we will be the only 2 on the forum to admit that ours are not fast!! lol

Old 09-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, no reason to cross posts... But I'll admit that my Bravada was no speed demon. Compared with other trucks in its segment, it wasn't a slouch though.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:28 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

oh... my blazer will burn out with the best of em..lol top end is crap tho....

Old 09-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

im pretty sure i can outrun my blazer...

Old 09-04-2007, 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Taymacjack

im pretty sure i can outrun my blazer...
LMAO... thats great...lol

Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I mean my blazer is slow unless i step on it then it seems to go pretty good, not as good as the Taurus SHO I had. But the blazer does weigh another 1000 pounds over that car and is more torque focused instead of hp focused. Otherwise its good, I just don't like to step on it cause it costs too much to fill up after doing that.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:11 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe i should have made a seperate post but its somewhat related.

anyway, buddy got a4 door 2000 exploder with 240k on the 4L V6. he paid like $5200 cad.

For some reason he thinks it will do so much better in the mud cuz its a 4 door [&:]

how you guys think a blazer stacks up against it?

Old 09-05-2007, 01:00 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Of all the things to increase mud-capability, I've never heard of having two extra doors being one of them. I always thought shorter wheelbases were better for offroad because you have a better approach and departure angles?

I've never thought of the Explorer as an off-road vehicle anyway...I know they are taller but I'm not sure if it's body height or suspension height. Hard for me to be impartial because I've been bleeding Chevy since birth.

Quick Reply: my blazer is SLOW!!