General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

My jimmy's ex

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road
Default My jimmy's ex

Standing in line at the hardware store I hear a voice behind me say "I want my jimmy back". I looked around and saw the old preacher I bought my truck from 4 years ago. I told him that I love that truck and have put too much into it. He complimented my new tires and said the only thing wrong with it was the battery going dead. I found the wiring harness burned up under the bracket for the abs motor. He said he had mechanics all over it an they found nothing. I told him that it drove me crazy for quite a while and he smiled. I've been grateful for that problem because he wouldn't have sold it and my efforts to solve it led me to this forum. Reminding myself of that and him being an old preacher kept me from mentioning the peanuts he dropped all over the interior. I had real concern of chipmunks moving in.

I'm also a little ashamed for thinking NA NA DA BOO BOO. Anybody else run into their truck's ex?

Old 04-30-2017, 09:55 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

pretty cool story. ive sold multiple vehicles over the years and have never seen any of my older ones. i did buy a ford f150 new in 07 and sold it in 09 to a friends boss. like a year latter i seen a kid driving it, also had a nice new dent in the drivers door and never seen it again.

other then that i sold a nice 84 k5 blazer, a v8 1995 s10 and a lifted offroad only 85 s10 blazer never to be seen again.... i might actually try to by the k5 or v8s10 back if i seen them again as i was way younger and broker and needed the money

Old 05-04-2017, 05:20 AM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Well, it sure didn't take long to get my well deserved smite. Fuel pump failed. After a short, whiplash filled tow home from a friend I dropped my tank. New pump, tank, and all the lines (evap included) are on my 'to do' list. Making all my own plastic lines with quick connect fittings should last longer than the steel lines. The salt around here is a killer! That reminds me to be glad it got me through the winter.