General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

My new ride- Bravada

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

any plans for mods?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Do the first gens have smart trac too? Or are they 4x4's?

Old 02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good man. Whats your plans for it?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:56 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Beautiful! I really like the looks of the 1st gen Bravada!
X2. the 1st gen trucks were better lookin' overall, IMO.

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I love bravada's lol maybe thats why I did a bravada front end swap... haha you could always do the digital dash swap I think they hook right up, a lot of s10's and s15's had them
you actually have to cut the tail off of one style, to swap in the other.

when i did a driveline updrade to my '84, i put in a digital wiring harness. less than a year later, i cut off the plug for it, and wired in a W-code analog cluster.

IMO, those digital clusters were crap.

@ Bene: wasn't OLds AWD system called SmartTrac?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:03 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I think so but I'm not sure if the old ones had it or just the 2nd gens. lol I like the looks of bravada's just not their 4wd system

Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I think so but I'm not sure if the old ones had it or just the 2nd gens. lol I like the looks of bravada's just not their 4wd system
i think it was actually a patent name for their full time AWD system. so it would apply to both 1st & 2nd gens.

Kyle will correct one of us, once he comes across this thread.

and i agree with you on the last point. alot of people i know hated their AWD systems. & most of them were GM tech's.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Starting Member
Eff10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah the 1st gens do have the smart trak. I rather like it. No buttons to fiddle with. Not sure about mods yet. I'll keep you posted when I get a project going! As far as fixing minor things, nothing is broken right now so that'll be kinda hard. Hahaha.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a buddy with a 1st gen Bravada in highschool. If hed of taken care of it it would of been a super nice truck. But someone hit him and totaled it. I wouldnt mind having one if I could come across one for the right price.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:19 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Good lookin' truck. You found a real gem there. Low mileage, MINT shape.

and...

RED

Old 02-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Starting Member
Eff10 is on a distinguished road

Ugh, today was a bad day. In Massachusetts, you have to take the car for a safety test, no emissions because of its age. We hadn't put the front plate on yet because there wasn't a bracket and the holes in the bumper didn't line up with the plate. Figured it wouldn't be a problem. The guy asked for it and said to leave it on the dash and that it would be no problem. So my boyfriend figured he'd look the other way and just pretend the plate was on there. One of the blinker lights is out, he lets that go. The lower balljoint on the passenger side needs to be done, and he even lets that go. Then he says, "That'll be another 5 bucks" and my boyfriend goes, "for what?" and he says , "for the screws". He looks outside, and the ******* screwed huge bolts directly into the bumper to put the plate on! ARRRGHHHGHG. So much for my mint car. Not only did he screw into the bumper without even asking, he drilled the holes crooked so the plate wasn't even straight, AND he drilled the holes into the air dam where the fog lights are which is no where near the holes already there for the bracket. I really hate people sometimes. I wasn't there, but if I had been I would have given that guy a piece of my mind. You work on cars yet you have totally no respect for other peoples vehicles. I would have rather he failed me and I'd come back in a week or so after I got the bracket. Then charging me 5 bucks for screwing my car up?! Unbelievable. He probably pocketed the money. 2 screws don't cost 5 bucks. It's not a lot of money but the principle of the thing. Already had to pay 30 for the inspection. Thanks for letting me vent. I'm hoping I can fill in the holes with something. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by Eff10; 02-26-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: My new ride- Bravada