General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

My poor Bob is in the shop...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:17 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough
Default My poor Bob is in the shop...

Last weekend while towing some scrap metal I went over a big bump and ever since my truck has been making this huge banging noise whenever I drive. Like right underneath me. Took Bob to a shop and upon inspection realized the problem was my Torsion bar mount went bad, so they put him up on the lift and when they did, my rear drivers side leaf spring just kind of....fell off...LMAO. So over $400 for parts and labor because *ahem* somebody is mad at me (as usual) and won't help me by putting some new parts on my truck. LOL me and my sucky life....but at least my truck is supposed to be finished this afternoon. Beenon the liftsince 7 this morning and they're trying to tell me it would take ALL DAY for them to fix it. Convenient when you get paid BY THE HOUR!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: My poor Bob is in the shop...

Wow that sucks Rachel! Hopefully Bob will be back on the road, drivin' good as new. You know, maybe he thought he'd be tossed in with the scrap metal and he was just trying to keep you from the scrap yard... LOL

Old 08-25-2007, 12:52 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I hate when springs fall out, but you'll be happy with the new ride with the repairs.
Funny how no one wants to work for free.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:40 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

hate to hear that hope its back on the road soon

Old 08-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Oh that stinks!! I just got my truck back... Tune up, hub bearing, and a few other repairs... $333.00 later... she runs MUCH better.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:43 AM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

UPDATE: Well it's fixed but currently battling with the shop over paying for a new part and finding a USED part on my truck....Oh, and my tire blew out 300 miles from home on a highway....LOL. If I didn't have bad luck I'd have absolutely no luck at all!

Old 09-09-2007, 11:55 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck with the fight on the used part, and dont feel alone on bad luck i know exactly how you feel. did you take it to aestablished shop to have it fixed or like a shadetree shop? just corious