General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

My poor truck!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 03:51 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default My poor truck!

Popped in to the Chevy guys on my way home from hospital to visit my truck (in the Chevy hospital) & this is what I found.

The heater core was not leaking but .... the water was coming in from below the windscreen! there's a place (drain from under the windscreen) where a some panels are spot welded together & the seams had started to rust & parted slightly - just enough for water to get through, unfortunately, into the truck behind the pedals. So they've applied some sealer which needs time to cure before they can put it all back together.

This was all helped by a build up of pine needles in the grill under the windscreen.

As for the air conditioner, they've done a pressure test but now suspect a seal is gone in the compressor. $$$$$$$$$$$! I gonna cry when they ask for their money!

Attached Thumbnails My poor truck!-blazerfix-1.jpg   My poor truck!-blazerfix-2.jpg   My poor truck!-blazerfix-3.jpg   My poor truck!-blazerfix-4.jpg  
Old 06-04-2009, 05:24 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I always hate seeing "My poor truck" threads...they're never good lol.
The doesn't look like it's going to be cheap either, but at least you saw it at it's worst, so it can only get better lol. I don't imagine parts come cheap down their either where its all imported..

Old 06-04-2009, 06:24 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Poor Blazer....

Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! They pulled your HVAC system apart only to realize that it was not the source of the leak?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:21 AM
BF Veteran

Yea. Since I told them the heater core was leaking they jumped in & when they flipped the dash they saw evidence of water entering above the pedals & realised that the problem was elsewhere. So thy put the dash back together & whilst they had the AC radiator out they had that pressure tested. That checked out ok.

They still need to check for leaks in the lines before re gassing (had no gas to start with). The control that flips the AC from hot to cold air is still busted (see pic). They ain't got any new or used. So they put the truck back together & have ordered this thing from the States & when it arrives they'll sort it all out.

We're moving into winter now so having the heater on full hot all the time is no big deal. I've sussed out that having the rear door windows open an inch all the time I can control the heat by opening or closing the front windows a bit. Controls the temp quite good. LOL

Attached Thumbnails My poor truck!-ac-switch.jpg  
Old 06-13-2009, 09:12 AM
huntersblaze is on a distinguished road

I having the same problem right now the blend door for the heat and the air conditioning will not move. So until I can get it fixed, we have to go in behind the glove compartment and manually switch the door from heating to air conditioning or vice versa. Its very annoying

Old 06-13-2009, 05:33 PM
BF Veteran

Since winter is here, I can cope with the constant hot air. Still waiting for new parts!

Old 06-13-2009, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

hahahaha that is weird to hear...winter. We're basking in 25C temperatures up here. I have my fan on, all my windows open and the sun is setting through the window.
Thought I'd add some warmth to your day

Old 06-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That picture of the temperature door actuator shows the typical failure mode. Those plastic gears cannot take a lot of resistance once they age.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:44 PM
BF Veteran

Surprising actually. Thought the electrics would go first. I didn't think there'd be any pressure/tension on that cog.

Quick Reply: My poor truck!