General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Need help fast guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough
Default Need help fast guys

So im 5 mins into my week long xmas vacation supose to drive to texas tomorrow and i just rear ended someone... i had to put my spare on because my tire was to big and was rubing on my front bumper...

i need to get it off asap.. so i can leave tommorow can anyone please tell me where the bolts are located or how to do this..

**** this sucks man... this is my first wreck...here is some pics of the dmg

EDIT:

DONE AND DONE!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Last edited by Brian_D; 12-18-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Strap the bumper to something heavy and pull it back out.

As far as the spare goes, it is held up under the back of your truck on a cable winch style support. You have to use some of the jack bars to crank it down. There is a hole at the back that will insert the jack bars into and crank the tire down.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Strap the bumper to something heavy and pull it back out.

As far as the spare goes, it is held up under the back of your truck on a cable winch style support. You have to use some of the jack bars to crank it down. There is a hole at the back that will insert the jack bars into and crank the tire down.
i got the spare out and on i just wanna move to hole bumper tho i dont any way of pulling back plus it looks like **** i rather take it off completely lol

Old 12-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I misunderstood... The bolts that hold the bumper on are along the frame I believe there are two on the top (accessible with the grill pulled) and two from the sides, but don't quote me on that.

Again, it would be easier to get a strap and put it around the base of a telephone poll and back up a few times.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:34 PM

Ok, I misunderstood... The bolts that hold the bumper on are along the frame I believe there are two on the top (accessible with the grill pulled) and two from the sides, but don't quote me on that.

Again, it would be easier to get a strap and put it around the base of a telephone poll and back up a few times.
ahh i c.. damn so i have to remove the grill? that sucks.. i see the bolts on the sides how does the grill come out?

Old 12-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Open the hood and start at the top. It is held in by spring clips. The turn signals will come out with the grill so you will have to disconnect the wiring to the turn signal housings before you can fully remove the grill.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:58 PM

Open the hood and start at the top. It is held in by spring clips. The turn signals will come out with the grill so you will have to disconnect the wiring to the turn signal housings before you can fully remove the grill.

ok i c but can you tell me where the clips are all located i only see the top 2 and i have no idea how to get the blinkers out.

do i have to take the head lights out too?

if anyone wants to call me and help me out with this it would be great so i don thave to keep coming in and out of the house hehe

720 298 9174 or i can call you witch ever

Old 12-18-2009, 09:03 PM

ok i got the grill off andf 4 bolts 2 under the grill and 1 on each side what else is there??? it seems to be stuck..

Old 12-18-2009, 09:49 PM

DONE!! damn!! hehe wasnt as hard as i thought it would be but it wore me out its freezing out there...

thanks forum!! <3

Old 12-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Beginning Member
B5Bee is on a distinguished road

+1 to that.

I did it to mine that way. I have a dent in the right side of the front bumper that pushed the bumper corner back about two inches.... you can see the dent here:

I put it in 4Lo, so as to pull nice and easy in reverse. I strapped it to a concrete pillar with a nylon tow strap. The wife backed up while I watched, allowing me to signal her before the bumper could get pulled out too far. Nearly perfect, and it only took about 15 minutes total. The photo is an "after" picture.

I was worried that it might pop back at some point, but it's been six months and still the same. Eventually, I'll get around to replacing it.

Quick Reply: Need help fast guys