General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Need help figuring out value

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 08:26 AM
Diamondaddy04 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help figuring out value

Hello! I need some help figuring out the value of several parts for a '74 Chevy Blazer. The parts are from a project my dad had been working on before he passed away last year. I'm not looking for any specifics, just a ballpark figure for the everything we have. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you!

'74 Chevy Blazer Body
350 V8
'81 Chevy Frame
4 Bolt Main
New Camshaft from Jegs
Solid Lifters
4 Speed Standard
New Clutch and Pressure Plate
New Brakes and Brake Lines
New UV Joints
Power Steering
Rebuilt Carberators (3/2)
Mallory Ignition System
Electric Fuel Pump
Rebuilt Radiator

BODY PARTS (All New)
Both Front Fenders
Both Doors
Both Quarter Panels
4 Brand New Tires w/ Restored Rims

Old 01-16-2020, 08:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Pictures?

Price is going to depend greatly on condition. A basket case isn't going to be priced anywhere near a somewhat complete project truck and separate parts are going to really depend on their condition as well.

Are you looking to sell them together or separate?

Old 01-16-2020, 11:41 AM

Sorry I'll be adding pictures as soon as my phone stops screwing up lol... The condition of everything not listed as new is good to fair. The motor is where he was able to focus most of his attention before he got sick and it is looks quite nice. We would prefer to sell it as a package deal rather than parting it out.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:06 PM
Default Sorry for the delay

Here are some of the pics... The new body parts are still in their packaging, except for the 2 doors. I also added a pic of the pile of spare parts he accumulated over the years. Underneath the body parts are 4 large tubs of parts as well. Thank you for the help!

Old 01-27-2020, 04:51 PM
Default Added pics

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Pictures?

Price is going to depend greatly on condition. A basket case isn't going to be priced anywhere near a somewhat complete project truck and separate parts are going to really depend on their condition as well.

Are you looking to sell them together or separate?
I added some pics the other day... Didn't know if you were still available to help

​​​

Old 01-28-2020, 06:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I just saw your posts.

A few things... That is not a '74 body. I would place it as a mid to late 80's body if the core support is original and the grill that you show in one of the photos looks to be of the 85-87 variety, but it definitely isn't a full-convertible (73-75) body. Condition of the body looks to be quite bad considering that the bed floor supports are gone at the back. This isn't insurmountable, but it is a non-starter for many. The fact that the body is off the frame could also be a detractor for many simply from a transportation standpoint considering how much of the structure is missing in those photos. Running gear looks to be in good condition which helps things.

Where are you located as that can impact what the going rate is for projects as well as parts? My initial thoughts on it, I would be surprised if you would get more than 2-3 grand for it all as a whole project which is sad and I amended my initial thought given the amount of new steel you have, but its primarily based on the state of the project. You would need to find someone that really wanted it all and was willing to come get it all. You would get much more for it by advertising it as a part out and taking offers on chunks; whatever anyone wanted, then just junk the rest. More time involved on your part, but more money as well.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:55 PM

We live in Southeastern Ohio
Sorry it's a '74 Frame and a '81 Body. He had '74 complete and it rocked. He rigged the ignition up to an old calculator. He also made a secondary digital speedometer and tachometer. It was sweet and then he ended up dropping a nut down in the cam and spent months trying to find it, to no avail and the next time he started it, it bent the piston. So he started all over. Rebuilt the motor but by then the body started rusting out so he junked it and got the '81 body and all the new body parts but sadly he started having strokes shortly after so he never got back to it. We had thought about parting it out but because it was his project, we kind of wanted someone to take over where he left off so we could see what might have been. But that's not to say we won't part it out. Mom could use the financial help as well. I was going to take it on myself but I'm a novice with rebuilds, plus we no longer have a place for it.
I'm assuming that the main value is going to come from the motor, the new body parts and the tires...
I truly appreciate all your help!
​​​​​​

Old 01-28-2020, 08:24 PM
Administrator

I figured you were somewhere up in the north given the location of the missing metal.

Yes, I would put most of the value into the powered rolling chassis and the new sheetmetal.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:41 PM

Is the forum a good place to try to sell it all together? And just to make sure, you say it's probably worth about 2 to 3 grand selling it all together?

Old 01-29-2020, 06:26 AM
Administrator

It could be worth 2-3 grand all together in its current state in my opinion, but I'm no authority on it by any means. In the end, it's worth what someone wants to pay you for it. If you could get the body put back on the frame & bolted down on it's mounts, it would be worth it to any prospective buyer from the standpoint of transportation. Moving a rust compromised body off of the frame is often a challenge that most do not want to deal with and will make their offer accordingly.

As far as selling it here, you'll need to read up on the new member restrictions. The requirements on posting in the classifieds section are explained in that announcement.

Quick Reply: Need help figuring out value