General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Need help!! Rpms don’t drop

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2023, 01:27 PM
Beginning Member
JessenU is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GeorgeLG
The way to test your TPS is to watch its value in % at idle running and then key on engine off as you move the accelerator pedal slowly back and forth through the full travel and watch for erratic or improper readings. This would be especially good during a high rpm event. There are various scanners that can look at TPS, the most cost effective (around $40) being the BT dongle/Android apps. Les can tell you which ones report this parameter. The usual suspects:

Car Gauge Pro
Car Diagnostic Pro
Torque Pro
Dash Command

There is also a comprehensive hardware solution if you are willing to cough up $150: Vident ilink 400. Above that are the stupid expensive scanners (ask me how I know) like Tech 2, Snap On, etc.

George
I’m going to double check the autel one more time, then will start looking into new scanners. Maybe I missed it In the 14 times I’ve looked thru it. Will update later tonight

Old 01-20-2023, 02:47 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JessenU
I’m going to double check the autel one more time, then will start looking into new scanners. Maybe I missed it In the 14 times I’ve looked thru it. Will update later tonight
Any scanner that does live data should read TPS. Bet the Autel does that one - just need to find it. Throttle angle?

Old 01-20-2023, 02:56 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JessenU
What model Autel do you have? Also, sometimes when a PID doesn't seem to be available when you enter your VIN or model specific into the scanner you can find it by selecting instead "Generic OBD" and looking at the Mode $6 data.

Old 01-20-2023, 09:50 PM
Beginning Member
JessenU is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LesMyer
Any scanner that does live data should read TPS. Bet the Autel does that one - just need to find it. Throttle angle?
I’ll have to look in the morning, but I think I remember seeing a throttle angle one. Will double check tomorrow.

Originally Posted by rockp2
What model Autel do you have? Also, sometimes when a PID doesn't seem to be available when you enter your VIN or model specific into the scanner you can find it by selecting instead "Generic OBD" and looking at the Mode $6 data.
I don’t know off the top of my head, will check tomorrow morning I guess. Not really wanting to waste time out in the cold tonight

Thanks for all the quick responses guys!! Much appreciated