General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Need ideas / mod sugestions for my Blazer.I want to Tacticool my truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 05:58 PM
callmedave is on a distinguished road
Default Need ideas / mod sugestions for my Blazer. Looking to add more utility to my SUV.

Hey guys I'm looking for suggestions and ideas for my Blazer. I have had it for a while and it has been a great gas gulping beast.
I know on all my other car forums there are plenty of cheap must do mods and creative mods that I haven't been able to find to easy on this forum.

Its 2wd and I don't plan on taking offroad unless I have to, but I want to toughen it up a little for Michigan's snow and crappy weather.

For lack of a better word I want to tacticool my truck.

So tell me of your useful and creative mods. I'd like to mount a fire extinguisher and a flashlight inside but not sure were to start.

This is my work truck so I'd like to carry as much usefull/helpfull stuff with me in the truck. Also if you have any sugestions for a gunsafe/lock box I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks for the help I know this is a odd thread but it might be fun to hear everyone's suggestions.

This is the truck in question.

Last edited by callmedave; 12-04-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: reword title
Old 12-02-2010, 06:12 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

b1heqh54 Has insanely modded his blazer. He has a fire extinguisher mounted in it, and he could probably live in that car if he chose to, heres the thread link so you can get some ideas from it.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/trailmaster-install-47772/

Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

http://www.fleetsafety.com/ProGard-V...go-Storage-429

heres one idea but the also offer other option.. im going to get a mount that holds both my AR15 and my 870 express for work of course..........

Old 12-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
http://www.fleetsafety.com/ProGard-V...go-Storage-429

heres one idea but the also offer other option.. im going to get a mount that holds both my AR15 and my 870 express for work of course..........
While that is a VERY nice design, and admittedly gives me some ideas, for that price I'd get a 4x8x3/4 sheet of sanded oak plywood, some paint or stain, hinges, cabinet handle, and a lockpad and build it myself for under $200.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

You'd have the baddest 2wd Blazer on this forum if you did something like this:

What you need is a long travel kit, fiberglass fenders and a pre-runner bumper... To still be able to DD it, just do a flip kit on the rear axle to give you 6" of lift in the rear. You could get a longer axle to keep the wheels even if you want too.

I dream of doing this with a 5.3L V8 one day.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:40 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I don't know if it would fit or not but have you thought about bolting in one of those toolboxes like you see going across the bed of trucks?

Old 12-02-2010, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Too wide... if it was a fullsize Tahoe then he may have gotten away with bolting one in from an S10

Old 12-04-2010, 06:40 PM
callmedave is on a distinguished road

Any more ideas to make add some more utility in my SUV?

Old 12-04-2010, 06:55 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

hardwiring a power converter in .in such a way that you have an outlet or two in in back of your truck?...........

keeping a days worth of supplies? (ive got a camping bag with food and water in my truck and a sleeping bag) its my incase sh*t happens bag. sleeping bag has come in handy and it sjust a cheap one from walmart lol.

you could hardwire in a solar charging panel... ive got one for my s10 since it doesnt get hardly any miles put on it.

ummm im sure i got more ideas for ya. ...

Old 12-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

^My fiancee used to laugh at me for keeping a sleeping bag in my truck. One day the heater stopped working... she was in that sleeping bag before I backed out of the driveway.

Quick Reply: Need ideas / mod sugestions for my Blazer.I want to Tacticool my truck