General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Need Opinion...Trading the Blazer for a Silverado.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 05:46 PM
wGraves is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Opinion...Trading the Blazer for a Silverado.

Well here's the deal. I got offered to trade my blazer for a 1996 K1500 Ext. Cab Stepside Truck. It's a Silverado package with power everything and leather interior. Almost no rust, Cab corners are just starting to show rust. The interior is rough and will at least need the Drivers Seat and Arm Rest Recovered. Windshield is cracked. Has 244,xxx miles. Tranny was Replaced 20,000 miles ago and the engine was just rebuilt. Runs great and shifts very well. Wants to do a straight up trade. My blazer has 265,xxx on the body and tranny. But around 210,xxx on the motor. Lifted and 4x4. I've always wanted a pick up but I wanted 4x4. I'm just trying to branch out my options to see what you guys think. Here;s a picture of the truck and my blazer.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Starting Member
Debonair is on a distinguished road

how badly do you want a 4x4?

Old 01-26-2011, 06:00 PM
wGraves is an unknown quantity at this point

I mean I like offroading, I live out in the country so the roads can get bad at times but not to the point of its a must.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:16 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

stepsides look goofy in ext.cab imo

Old 01-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Personally, I don't like the stepside pickups. Since there's no 4x4, I'd probably decide against it if it were me.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Iam not a fan of the step side too. I wouldn't trade, I like the look of ur blazer. An I bet the first bad weather or bad road conditions you would wish it was 4x4.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I wouldn't do it. It's not the truck you want and in the end you'll be unhappy with it because of that. When I was looking for a RCSB pickup I said I wouldn't need 4x4, not a big deal... Well I have a 4x4, and just for fun I tried driving to my GF's place in the last blizzard we got... no go, got stuck going down hill, hit the button for 4x4 CLICK, not stuck anymore!

I waited 4 years to find the truck I'm driving now, My Cavalier and Blazer worked out to be really cheap intermediate vehicles. The only thing you'll be saying in bad weather is "Frig I wish I had 4x4", or you'll drive by a nice trail and go "Frig I wish I had 4x4". My buddy did what you did and has been bitching about it ever since. "Dude I should have bought a 4x4."

Old 01-26-2011, 07:06 PM
Starting Member
Debonair is on a distinguished road

if its not entirely what you want, i'd wait.

imo the only stepsides that look nice are the 67-72's.

the only thing i'd ever compromise on (and have) is color.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i agree with all of the above.

you'll never be happy with the truck, 'cause like Pat said, it's not what you really want.

besides, have you stopped to think about why the guy would want to do a straight trade? considering he has a fresh engine & a fairly new trans, i'm kinda leary of that deal.

besides, your rig looks nicer than his.

and those wheels look like krap!!

Old 01-27-2011, 02:19 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

i will never buy a fullsize with out 4x4 again. my horse hauler is a 3/4 2wd and it get stuck in our yard all the time. i went abought a heavy half 4x4 and it walks circles around it just more so the stance its got i never had to put in 4x4 to go out to the barn or even to pull people out. (the 4wd actuator was bad the entire time i had it, i rebuilt the top of the motor and put my lights on it and built a winch bumper truck only cost $1200).

im a huge silverado fan but IMO i wouldnt own a 2wd unless its going to be a show truck thats bagged. but for daily or anything else 4x4 all the way.

Quick Reply: Need Opinion...Trading the Blazer for a Silverado.