General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

need some ideas

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:43 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

there is a sponsor here on the forum down near the bottom of the home page that slings hids on the Cheap! So far no one has had a problem with them. Awesome service.

now that im at home, the gutters show if you have the CAI, and dont need tires. consider the cat back. $160or so before welding. probably less if you shop. Also a good 2" body lift at another $180 maybe less if you shop cant be beat

Old 12-03-2009, 12:32 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I was looking at body lifts and thats about the only other cheap way to lift your truck but I really don't like how you can see a lot of the frame after a body lift

Old 12-03-2009, 04:07 PM
BF Veteran

PFT! cheap lift = $50 for 2" rear shackles, and free 2" t bar crank.
And seeing the frame is what the under coat is for. now flaunt the frame with pride! or bolt on some rock sliders/nerf bars and now you see those instead.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:09 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

BL's are about 2-3 times more expensive then a shackle lift and tbar crank. As Curtis mentioned above you can pick a set of 2" shackles up for about 50-60 bucks on ebay. Install 'em yourself, crank your tbars for free and voila, 2" of lift just like that!
I plan on doing mine in the new year.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:04 PM
BF Veteran

I already have shackles and the t bar cranked and I said a body lift would be the next cheapest thing. I mean if I was rich I'd go for the 6" skyjacker but sadly I don't have that kind of money. but I guess nerf bars would look cool I never liked them on stock trucks because they make ur truck look lower to the ground but if I have 4" of lift and some 31's it'll look ok.

Oh yea I put my stock headlights back on because they crappy ones I have on now get water in them really bad, but I guess one of the stock lights fell off the shelf in my garage and the adjustment to move the headlight up and down is snapped off I tried to fix it but its not working too good, does anyone have a stock drivers side headlight for sale?

Last edited by Benedict1337; 12-03-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:21 PM
BF Veteran

look in the forum classifieds i think ... unlimitedsp had stuff for sale (?) either way you can get em pretty easily at a junkyard now adays if his sold. they go for $40 at a place tha tpulls em for you, but if you muddy them up after taking them off yourself you can probably get them for around half that....

Old 12-03-2009, 05:33 PM
BF Veteran

haha I know what you mean but I would think they'd be cheaper than $40? u can buy them brand new for $40 I got the rear glass for $25 tinted and defrost I was really surprised and this was the only one there and I went to the harry's you pull it the largest scrap yard in the world apperently? I guess the rear glass is a popular thing to break? has any of you guys broken your rear glass?and then I got a lever for the passenger recliner because mine was broken when I got my truck but I can't figure out how it goes on? it almost looks like the metal broke so my passenger's seat hasn't ever been able to recline. I think they charged like $1 for it

Old 12-03-2009, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran

#1 yeah it should be a lot cheaper than $40, but htats what they want for the ones you just walk to the counter and pick up
#2 have not broken my back glass, nor heard much about it around here.
#3 recline handles break because the little pot metal shaft that connects the handle to the mechanism snaps. You could either make your own connector (slip something over the old shaft and tap it so you can bolt the new one on) or buy one that bites onto the nub left from your broken one or put a small vice grip on it temporarily.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:53 PM
BF Veteran

I'll have to try that with the seat. I'm a fan of the drive in movies and my girlfriend is always pissed off because my seat doesn't recline

Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Beginning Member
mxboy96 is on a distinguished road
Default 'Blazer idea' suggestions

I'm in the same boat as you,lol. One cheap and good lookin thing I did was stick a 36in. bowtie in the back window, lets everyone know ur a proud chevy owner. I'd start with aftermarket rims and tires after that to spice it up, then aftermarket taillights, headlights, cowl hood maybe, decent cd reciever and speakers, lift kit? All depends on your like and wallet. Good luck!

Quick Reply: need some ideas