General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

new to this

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Starting Member
robs83blazer4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default new to this

hi guys.my name is robert i'm new to this.I just got a 83 s10 blazer 4x4 i see a lot of people hate if you lower it but this is all i have. so i would lkie to do a body drop and lower it so any help whould be cool. i'm in 2 car audio so first thing i'm going to is put 15'' subs and try to felx da body wihs me luck. thx

Old 05-12-2010, 01:10 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

the body drop is the easy part.

but lowering a 4WD isn't a piece of cake. and i'm not really sure if there are many "kits" out there.

i know some guys say to just back off the t-bars to get it down, but that makes it a little sloppy, IMO. i know they make lifted keys for them, i wonder if they make lowered ones too? (Google is now your best friend).

and the rear is no different than any 2WD S series truck. pinion shims & blocks/longer u-bolts. always use new u-bolts on the diff.

and don't forget about getting drop shocks when you're done.

depending on how low you're gonna go, or are able to get her down, you might need to do a custom y-pipe to clear the ground. especially on a 4WD-they hang even farther down!

i know the stock y-pipe was flattened within a week on my brother's Summer truck ('83 xcab Dime), but his truck only has 1 5/8" ground clearance.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Starting Member
robs83blazer4x4 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up thx

thx for da info bro.i know drop is going to be da hard part but found a lowering kit for it by DJM suspension. they make a lowering kit for da 4x4 its 4'' front & rear.so that should make it a little eazyer. thx bro