General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

new blazer trying to get decals off

Old 01-23-2008, 06:21 PM
artsound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new blazer trying to get decals off

Just bought a 2003 blazer from county parks and recreation--been taking decals off all day with a heat gun--looks like a major brown stripe decal kinda seperaterd on me and left some backing there--I bought some googone and a plastic putty knife--gonna try in the morning--has anyone had any experience with this?--I am just getting aquanted with your forum and so far I am very encouraged

Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: new blazer trying to get decals off

You can try to use the "search" function at the top of the page and you'll probably run across some similar threads.
I have used a bodyshop eraser attatched to a drill to remove decals. ( you have a big job on yours) Just don't stay in one area to long or press to hard or you will go through the clear coat.

https://blazerforum.com/m_85800/tm.htm

https://blazerforum.com/m_72333/mpage_1/tm.htm#72799

Old 01-24-2008, 05:42 PM

went to autobody paint supply store--the guy there reccomended 3m wood grain and stripe remover--then 3m woodgrain and stripe adhesive remover
so I applied the first waited ten and the decal scraped right off with a little elbo grease--did the rest and then went back and did the same with the addhesive--in total it took about 3 hours of work--there is hardley a trace of the lettering and stripe decals--I am very pleased--I think a little polishing compound and we are going to have a nice paint job--but looks great right now--I will post a picture tommorow--too dark to take a photo now

Old 01-24-2008, 06:17 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Glad you got those decals off, congrats!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:50 AM

before and after

Old 01-25-2008, 07:52 AM

trying again to post images

Old 01-25-2008, 07:57 AM

now I understand--DUH

Old 01-25-2008, 09:39 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Looks clean as a whistle, now get those can opener wheels replaced...LOL.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:43 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

sweet looks nice now dont know y someone would put those brown and yellow stripes on they look ugly glad u got em off tho!

i've got stripes on mine that i'm tryin to get off (when its a lil warmer out) cuz i got new front fenders and part of the stripes go on the old one so it would just look weird. but that stuff worked pretty good for u then??

Old 01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight
sweet looks nice now dont know y someone would put those brown and yellow stripes on they look ugly glad u got em off tho!
If you read the first post is says "Just bought a 2003 blazer from county parks and recreation".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new blazer trying to get decals off