General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New found use for the Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough
Default New found use for the Blazer

Ok, well not really, but the first time I've taken pictures. For those of you who belong to PETA, I don't care.

Enjoy:

Attached Thumbnails New found use for the Blazer-winch.jpg   New found use for the Blazer-hanging.jpg  
Old 11-16-2009, 03:11 AM
Starting Member
W2JGA is an unknown quantity at this point

NICE!!! But yea, screw PETA. The deer is already dead.

Last year I had my buck hanging just like that... from my kids swingset!

Old 11-16-2009, 08:28 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol...nice use for the Blazer. Looks like a nice catch you got there.
Do you make Deer Jerky? I had some the other night and it was amazing!

Old 11-16-2009, 08:37 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

IF... You
Originally Posted by W2JGA
had [your] buck hanging [...] from [your] kids swingset!

... You MIGHT be a redneck

LOL, just kidding, I can relate.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:44 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

They are elk, we ended up getting five elk and one deer on this year's hunt. I've made jerky out of deer before but not elk. My wife likes the elk meat too much to make jerky out of it.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:12 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I've never had elk before, but I've heard it's good... I like deer, but I prefer moose.

Side Note: I still have to have a feed of all the grouse I got this year.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

the back strap of that tasty animal is the most delicious thing on this planet.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Brian_D
the back strap of that tasty animal is the most delicious thing on this planet.
First thing my wife cooked up once we got the meat in the freezer! Then a big pot of spaghetti with the ground and tonight some delicious elk burgers. At the rate we are going, we'll be out of elk meat before next hunting season.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:32 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
lol...nice use for the Blazer. Looks like a nice catch you got there.
Do you make Deer Jerky? I had some the other night and it was amazing!
my father-inlaw just dropped off some Deer pepperoni with our cow on the weekend, tasty!

Originally Posted by oktain
I've never had elk before, but I've heard it's good... I like deer, but I prefer moose.
X2 on the Moose.

Originally Posted by AJBert
First thing my wife cooked up once we got the meat in the freezer! Then a big pot of spaghetti with the ground and tonight some delicious elk burgers. At the rate we are going, we'll be out of elk meat before next hunting season.
that just gives you a better excuse to bag some more next season.

your 2nd shot shows the benifits of having a tg, & not the lift.

not to jack your thread AJ, but has anyone tried Bear?

Old 11-16-2009, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran

I had bear years ago and didn't like it, too greasy for taste. Same reason I don't like duck, though I love to hunt them!

Quick Reply: New found use for the Blazer