General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New GMC Jimmy Diamond Edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:55 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Yep... I al$o almo$t bought a Diamond Edition a few year$ back... they are out there but pricey.
As far as the HID goes... of all places places to look in the aftermarket... Harley-Davidson sells a complete HID kit for the duel headlight RoadGlides. I was considering this for my bike when I realized that it could be installed on ANY vehicle... food for thought.
Nice truck by the way!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:16 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

very cool, the diamond stick pattern isn't my style but it still looks dam good

It's a sweet ride for being all stock

Old 09-15-2009, 10:22 PM
elementtrev is on a distinguished road

I want your interior!

Old 09-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the center console

Old 09-15-2009, 11:21 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mr.vls
I think I read 10,000 units but I could be way off. If i did not like the whole Diamond package I would not have purchased it. Everyone has their own taste. I like cars that have not been modded. I prefer factory options over aftermarket most of the time. Other than ensuring all the maintenance items are done I do not plan on any changes except maybe changing the factory radio cassette for a factory radio Cd player for the BOSE system. I did have to replace the AC Compressor and one of the HID lights is out. GM is mighty proud of their replacement HID parts. They are not standard bulbs or harness. The choices are: 1. Replace with factory parts at high cost, 2. Do away with HID and replace with 9006 Halogen bulbs. 3. Replace the factory HID system with an aftermarket system. Since I like original I sprung to replace with factory Ignitor and ballest assy. If it goes out again I would probally switch to aftermarket HID's. The original bulb and harness are hardwired together and you can not just replace the ignitor. According to a trusted parts counter person the replacement Ignitor does not match up to the original Ballast. In order to have factory HID's you have to purchase both the ignitor and ballast. The previous owner tried to seperate the bulb from the ignitor and sheared of the bulb from the housing.
Did my eyes read correctly? 409, 000 MILES?? Wow, I see you have a re-built engine, but that is the most I have heard of anyone having on the Blazer/Jimmy.

Edit: It was in his sig for those who don't understand what I'm talking about.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:45 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Yes you did read correctly. It is my daily driver and still looks and runs great. Once it hits 25 years old I can get antique tag in MS for a one time fee of $25.00 I now have just over 410K on the 89 S15 Jimmy.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

not a big fan of the interior, but everything else looks good. Really like the front brush guard

Old 09-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Starting Member
blazeitupdrgonzo is on a distinguished road

thats a sweet kimmy dude, it looks awesome minus the daimond leather, they went a little too far haha

Old 09-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Starting Member
blazeitupdrgonzo is on a distinguished road

*jimmy

Old 09-16-2009, 04:48 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

the push bar is cool

Quick Reply: New GMC Jimmy Diamond Edition