General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

new grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:25 AM
fastmofo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new grill

if i were to change the grill of my 96 Jimmy and put in a 96 Bravada would it fit? i've read many different opinions, i would like Blazerforum.com's opinion.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:40 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: new grill

I think it would fit, you would just need to change the headlights and turnsignals to match the bravada grille. I am not positive that the core support behind the grille is the same but i might be. If it is the same then i will work, just changing the things mentioned earlier in my post.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:48 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Core supports are the same so long as the Jimmy you're changing from has composite headlights:

as opposed to sealed beam headlights:

Bumper covers between the Jimmy and the Bravada may be different as well, I would put the two side by side if you can and compare.

EDIT: Bumper covers are different. The Jimmy has a dip in the bumper to allow for the grille. The Bravada is flat across the top:

Old 02-24-2008, 03:47 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

If he's going from the 98+ Jimmy grill to the 98+ Bravada grill, he can keep the same headlights, can't he?

Old 02-24-2008, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Correct, '96 is a little different though. '98+ he would need a new bumper cover as well as the Bravadas have a little lip under the headlight that rises up while the Jimmy's bumper cover dips down for the grille, much like in the '96.