General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New Guy....New Project

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Josh Michaelis is on a distinguished road
Default New Guy....New Project

Just picked this up the other day for a hunting truck project and was looking for ideas. It has some rust in front of the rear wheels, It is going to the shop tomorrow to have it fixed. Going to add a bull bar, and some lights, new tires and wheels, small lift, exhaust, and cold air intake. You guys got any other must haves for a duck hunting/sometime off roading toy?

Old 06-20-2011, 01:29 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Does it have skid plates on the bottom? Also I would get some 31" M/T's if you weren't already planning on that

Old 06-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Josh Michaelis is on a distinguished road

Does not have skid plates, but it will now. Never thought of that. It is going to be used to waterfowl hunt a lot in dry corn. So I am going to do lights along the top that shine out to the sides for putting decoys out before daylight. Any of you guys seen anything like that done, or have any ideas.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Starting Member
btmbass is on a distinguished road

I'd recommend starting with tires, unless you think you'll want to lift it. I got 30" BFGoodrich TA KOs, which do not require a lift, and they are perfect for the mud and gravel I've gone through.

Rooflights help out a lot when its dark out. I got 4x55w lights on my roof and they do wonders, I'd love to see what 100w lights would do.

Our models unfortunately do not have a strong market for bull bars. Only one I found designed for our model is $900ish new. Some people have had success modifying the 98+ bull bars though.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

HID lights... You can get the kits super cheap from www.hidextra.com many of us have ordered from them and like what we got.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:32 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Get a roof rack basket so you can carry gear and mount the lights all around. Good luck.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:00 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Cool .

Originally Posted by btmbass
I'd recommend starting with tires, unless you think you'll want to lift it. I got 30" BFGoodrich TA KOs, which do not require a lift, and they are perfect for the mud and gravel I've gone through.

Rooflights help out a lot when its dark out. I got 4x55w lights on my roof and they do wonders, I'd love to see what 100w lights would do.

Our models unfortunately do not have a strong market for bull bars. Only one I found designed for our model is $900ish new. Some people have had success modifying the 98+ bull bars though.
He might be able to find one on ebay. I'm not saying it would be of great quality, but a couple guys on here have em from ebay and they hold up pretty well.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:46 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I have a bull bar I want to sell seems like you're kinda close to me maybe we could meet half way or something? I'd sell it for $50, its the one in some of my pics in my photo albums. Just painted it a while ago just a few small dents nothing too bad.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Beginning Member
ZR2Blaze is an unknown quantity at this point

I second the wheels and tires. What are you putting on it?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

For 50 bucks, I'd jump on that bull bar if I were closer, haha.

Quick Reply: New Guy....New Project