General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

new light bar!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:49 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default new light bar!!!!

I bought it off ebay from China. What ya think! Oh, it's the one on the roof lol. I haven't mounted it permanently yet, I will in the spring.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: new light bar!!!!

Nice clean look, Dave. Are they angle adjustable?

Old 01-27-2009, 09:31 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

No. They are screwed in place underneath. They kind of face down a little towards the ground depending on how far to the front of the roof I pu tthe bar. The bar flexs a little to the curve of the fron tof the roof by the windshield. I don't want to go too far back as I don't need to light up the treetops lol.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:37 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Or too low to light up the hood. LOL

Looks good. I hope Spring is not too far off.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Starting Member
W2JGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Those look cool!

How are they mounted?

What's the housing made of?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:25 AM
IcemansS10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a link for that? I've been wanting a light bar for mine, just can't find one that I like yet.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Beginning Member
madhatter256 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they light up the way they should? I mean, are they bright as they should be?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 PM

How are they mounted?

What's the housing made of?
The light bar will be mounted with the supllied 3M foam tape on the underside to the roof and he housing is made of ABS plastic and rubber around the lights.

Do you have a link for that? I've been wanting a light bar for mine, just can't find one that I like yet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/4X4-JEEP-SUV-CRV...3286.m63.l1177 there is a black like mine, a silver base with blue lenses and a black base with multicolor lenses

Do they light up the way they should? I mean, are they bright as they should be?
Haven't hooked it up yet. It's winter righ tnow and I am waiting for spring. Last week of March is the date for me, my vacation from work lol.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

To me that thing is just fugly, but let me explain:
For a 2nd gen like yours dave I dont think it looks bad at all, BUT when I look at something like that I imagine it sitting on my 1st gen and imo that would just be hideous the more squared body style and the design of that base would just not look right at all together. (again, imo)

Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

Huh that things pretty cool, wonder though about the mounting of it. Do you have a sunroof? I looks nice on the 2nd gen and also your bull bar lights look a little crooked. I was having trouble with my piaas staying tight untill i got the piaa locking nuts. Id like to see a pic of the bottom of the new light bar and from behind it while on the roof.

Quick Reply: new light bar!!!!