General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New lights installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:00 PM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New lights installed

Got new lights and a Grille for Christmas, so I installed them today. Not to sure what I think of the markers yet. They might get changed later.

I looked and looked for lights that still allowed for the fog lights, but never found any. I finally choose some clear/blacked out headlights and marker lights. I was hopping I could mod the marker lights to allow for the fog lights, but I was wrong.

As you can see (and most probably already know), the clip is almost in the center of where the light would go. So that took out the idea of cutting it out for a fog light. Now I didn't like the idea of the fake light housing with no light so I went to the local Auto Zone in search of a solution.

I ended up buying 4 LED lights (two for the side lights in the headlights, two for the fake light housing) and 2 light sockets for instrument boards.

I soldered some wires on to the instrument clip and cut out the housing just below the clip to fit the new lights. I also had to mod the grille piece so the new light wouldn't hinder the clip from locking in place.

While I had the grille off I installed the billet Grille I got. I also had a grand idea to take the fog light housing out of the stock marker light assembly and mount them next to the tow hooks, but was having a lot of different issues so I finally dropped that for now. It was already getting late anyway.

So here is the final setup.

I went ahead and bought the clear lights that turn orange when on, but I am not all that happy with the fact the two colors are different. I might revisit this whole idea down the road, but for now I wanted to get some pic's up and see what others thought. I also spent a little over an hour trying to get the lights to better fit in the grille, these pictures were before that effort.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New lights installed

hey man you didnt link the pix. i have the same problem w/ the different colors shining. so i have ordered white led's to replace the 194's and 3157's. so thaey will match my halo ring on my projecors. they dont have them on the shelve of parts stores but my cuz at auto zone has a supplier that carries them so i ordered a set, if you want i can give you the part number and even have him order you a set if you want. i will get pix as soon as i get them put in

Old 12-27-2007, 08:16 PM

Fixed the pics

Yea, give me the part number if you don't mind.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Dude. That looks wicked awesome!

Old 12-27-2007, 09:58 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

That looks awesome. I like it alot. I have the same problem with the amber lights being different colors, except my difference is between the silverstar amber bulbs in the 3157 spot and the 194 side markers (just some cheap orang bulbs, I had LED's in there for a while which matched much better but I returned them cause it screwed up the alternating lamp illmunation pattern, now i see i need to have non polarized ones). Looks good. What seller did you get the headlamps from, if they have chrome ones I might be interested, cause i don't like the halo look for my truck.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

That looks awesome. I like it alot. I have the same problem with the amber lights being different colors, except my difference is between the silverstar amber bulbs in the 3157 spot and the 194 side markers (just some cheap orang bulbs, I had LED's in there for a while which matched much better but I returned them cause it screwed up the alternating lamp illmunation pattern, now i see i need to have non polarized ones). Looks good. What seller did you get the headlamps from, if they have chrome ones I might be interested, cause i don't like the halo look for my truck.
The 3157 are also Silverstars. I might see if I can find LED's for it and see if they match. Here are the 194 LED's I bought and another pic that shows the difference in the 4 LED's with the Silverstar 3157

*EDIT* almost forgot, I found the lights on Amazon.

Markers

Headlights

Looks like the price has gone up on both of them since I sent my parents my list. They also informed me Shipping was outragous for both of these items, so I would look on Ebay. You can find them much cheaper and they are probably the same lights. Nobody but me has a Ebay account in the family so I had to make due with what I could find.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:35 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I should mod my front housings for an extra signal/park bulb...

Have them alternate or something, lol.

Looks damned good! Awesome work!

Old 12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: drperry

Yeah you could just wire in those LED amber bulbs he showed and hook them up to the side marker flasher. Then they would be on when the side one is on and not when the main 3157 bulb is on.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Yeah you could just wire in those LED amber bulbs he showed and hook them up to the side marker flasher. Then they would be on when the side one is on and not when the main 3157 bulb is on.
Gotta dig up some info I saw ages ago about a sequential signal...

Old 12-28-2007, 08:00 PM

Thats what I did. Honestly it looks kinda strange when the flashers are on. I will try to do a short movie showing it if anyone wants to see.

Gotta dig up some info I saw ages ago about a sequential signal...
A buddy had Sequential signals on his SN95 GT and it was kick ***. I think it would be a pain to make them work on these though, and the rear tails would blink really slow.

Quick Reply: New lights installed