Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/)
-   -   New pics of the blaze, let me know what you think!! (https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/new-pics-blaze-let-me-know-what-you-think-16190/)

thegr81 01-11-2008 05:43 PM

New pics of the blaze, let me know what you think!!

I got new pics of the blaze finally loaded up and even one from minitruckin.web let me know what you think:
https://blazerforum.com/photo.asp?ph...=6&apage=1

Any imput would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone!!

blznlowxtreme 01-11-2008 05:47 PM

RE: New pics of the blaze, let me know what you think!!

not a bad stance. but the wheels, im not a big fan of. but hey everybody is different. like the headlight covers

thegr81 01-11-2008 05:49 PM

Thanks man I aint complaining about the wheels I got them for 200 bucks and they were actually the only ones around that were my lug pattern within my price range. I will be adding miracle grow to them very soon as to step up to 20's when I bag my blaze this spring!! (oh yea I know finally) LOL

blznlowxtreme 01-11-2008 06:14 PM

well i agree they ae not bad for 200. wish i could have found a deal like that, although i got my 20's for 600. it will look really when you bag it i have started looking into bagging mine, not sure if i want to drop that kind of cash for it though

cloak01ls 01-11-2008 06:37 PM

Go Vikings!!...good lookin truck too...1/2" of rubber aint my style but it sure looks good...

willjones 01-11-2008 07:15 PM

Not bad at all. I like the rims, but there needs to be a little more tire to fill them out.

WhiteTie BlackJacket 01-11-2008 08:57 PM

I guess Id always just seen your avatar & didnt know you had rims on it...they look pretty good, kinda small though. I bet those 20s will look sick

igot10pinitis 01-11-2008 09:05 PM

i know who i can nominate for ROTM next time....

good lookin truck bro

nj4x4blaze 01-11-2008 09:55 PM

Sweet blazer.

jimbosv650 01-12-2008 12:09 PM

Looks good I think the wheels would look better with some thicker rubber and some spacers.

thegr81 01-12-2008 04:18 PM

Thanks everyone for the compliments!! I just wanted to say that I did have spacers on it till i snapped all the lugs clean off the front passenger side from all the added stress. I took them off and now it rides alot better!!

jimbosv650 01-14-2008 07:32 AM

ORIGINAL: thegr81

Thanks everyone for the compliments!! I just wanted to say that I did have spacers on it till i snapped all the lugs clean off the front passenger side from all the added stress. I took them off and now it rides alot better!!
Out of curiosity what kind of spacers were they?Were they theones that shim the wheels out or the ones that bring their own studs? Im interested in a set but not if they do what they did to you.

thegr81 01-14-2008 07:45 AM

ORIGINAL: jimbosv650

Out of curiosity what kind of spacers were they?Were they theones that shim the wheels out or the ones that bring their own studs? Im interested in a set but not if they do what they did to you.
They are the one's with there own studs, I strongly suggest not to run them at all. They honestly make it seem like the wheels are going to fall off mine happen to fall off when i was stopped!!

jimbosv650 01-14-2008 08:34 AM

Oh crap! Advice well taken.

quinnman105 01-14-2008 01:08 PM

Sweet Looking Blazer

thegr81 01-15-2008 07:20 AM

Thankyou quinman105 for the complement I appreciate it!!!

03RedBLazerXtreme 01-15-2008 09:02 AM

Nice Blazer........ you got there TheGr81

drperry 01-15-2008 04:36 PM

Must've been something wrong with the spacers...

Jigg beats the piss out of his ZR2 and he's got spacers ;)

Sweet looking rig, though!

The nice thing about driving with rubber bands, is you don't need to worry much about a flat tire... They're usually still drivable with 0 psi, lmao

spartan 01-15-2008 07:14 PM

I'm not really a big fan of the wheels but if you like them then that's all that matters. I like the stance though.

blznlowxtreme 01-15-2008 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: drperry

The nice thing about driving with rubber bands, is you don't need to worry much about a flat tire... They're usually still drivable with 0 psi, lmao
it is really hard to get the exact psi in them like that though. becuase they are so small. ihaveto add and let out to get it just right.if it has 32 and i bump a lil bit in it jumps to 42 psi

HeyYou 01-15-2008 10:09 PM

Does the little strip of rubber around the wheels make for a rougher ride?

Did you lower it? Or is the stance just a product of the wheels/tires?

Pardon my ignorance, but, what is "Bagged"??

I really like the Blazer, very sharp. I must join the club that doesn't really care for the thin rubber though...... All in all, a VERY nice Blazer.

spartan 01-15-2008 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: HeyYou
Airbag suspension. They replace shocks/leaf springs and allow a car to be very low. The airbags can have more or less air put in them, and that changes the ride height. Less air = lower.

quinnman105 01-16-2008 09:43 AM

That looks sweet

HeyYou 01-16-2008 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: spartan

ORIGINAL: HeyYou
Airbag suspension. They replace shocks/leaf springs and allow a car to be very low. The airbags can have more or less air put in them, and that changes the ride height. Less air = lower.

Ok, that makes sense. Sorta. Why would you want to lower a 4x4?? Seems counter productive to me.

swartlkk 01-16-2008 11:34 AM

Meh, different strokes for different folks.

Truck looks good gr8. Bumper looks a little out of place, but overall, the truck looks good!

HeyYou 01-16-2008 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Meh, different strokes for different folks.

Truck looks good gr8. Bumper looks a little out of place, but overall, the truck looks good!

Ok, I'll buy that for a dollar...... I do agree though, nice truck.

Chevy Lover 01-16-2008 11:16 PM

Just had a look through your album, looks good.
Now, if I can get my 44" tires and you can get your truck just a little lower, you should be able to drive right under me :D

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/36085E63F88C4388A8ADE43DC32653A0.jpg[/IMG]

thegr81 01-17-2008 02:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

Just had a look through your album, looks good.
Now, if I can get my 44" tires and you can get your truck just a little lower, you should be able to drive right under me :D

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/36085E63F88C4388A8ADE43DC32653A0.jpg[/IMG]
You get your 44's and I will stock floor body drop mine and I will drive under you all day long LOL, by the way my frame is 6inches off the ground compared to I think it was 14 inches before, the total drop ended up being as far as frame height 8 inches after everything settled in place!!

The wheels I got for 200 bucks with tires I don't care for them that much but I got a good price!!

I got 4ply side walls on the tires and there run flats so its all good if I get a flat!!

Why lower a 4x4 thats a good question if mine was LOL, mine is a 2wd!!

My truck I lowered 4inches in the front and 4 inches in the rear to get the stance it has, and soon it will lay frame by being bagged( air ride suspension/ fully adjustable suspension)

Thanks to everyone's compliments I really appreciate them!!!!

blazin97 01-18-2008 02:42 AM

i like it minus the wheels. needs lowered though

thegr81 01-18-2008 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: blazin97

i like it minus the wheels. needs lowered though
It is lowered 4inches front and rear, within this coming week the front will be bagged and the rear will be lowered another 2-3 inches!!!!

mdk681 01-22-2008 11:10 AM

Nice drop, I like it.
Along with what you said about the spacers, I work at a tire and wheel shop and when anything with spacers comes in we can't touch em'... And if we do we can not put them back on the vehicle, too much of a hazard; a very dangerous item, steer clear!

willjones 01-22-2008 11:20 AM

So if spacers do the same thing as having a different offset on a new wheel how are they so dangerous.

Jigg 01-23-2008 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: drperry

Must've been something wrong with the spacers...

Jigg beats the piss out of his ZR2 and he's got spacers ;)
Agreed... or the install.

It's extremely important to properly torque the lugs on the spacers and the truck and to follow up on your install at every oil change to make sure they haven't backed off at all. I've been running lugcentric spacers for the past 4 years, and have had zero issues. Currently i'm running 2" spacers on the rear, and 1.25" spacers on the front, with 33x12.50 BFG MT's all around.

thegr81 02-21-2008 05:23 PM

The day finally came this past sunday, I bagged the front of my blaze and it rides like a caddy! I took Rcars2 for a ride and he thought is was really cool!!

Let me know what you think, its laying the front crossmember flat on the ground!!!:D

willjones 02-21-2008 05:39 PM

When are you doing the back? How hard was the install?

jdp1093 02-21-2008 05:43 PM

GOOD LOOKIN BLAZER!!!!!

blznlowxtreme 02-21-2008 06:34 PM

hey looks good from the front, but i dont like it w/ just the front done, but i think it will look good when all four corners are laid out.

2002XTREME 02-21-2008 06:36 PM

puta front bumper assy from an xtreme with the driving lights, and put a set of my custom painted taillights on it.... udder than that looks kool.............

EuroGoldLS 02-21-2008 06:41 PM

Thanks man I aint complaining about the wheels I got them for 200 bucks and they were actually the only ones around that were my lug pattern within my price range. I will be adding miracle grow to them very soon as to step up to 20's when I bag my blaze this spring!! (oh yea I know finally) LOL
I'll buy them...lol j/k

Yeah... your truck really needs to grow a set (of rims). 20s will look great. Looks cool man!

thegr81 02-21-2008 07:20 PM

I will be bagging the rear soon, its going to be a lil bit cause of the 4 link fabrication I am doing!! Also I will be stepping up to 20's no bigger then that as soon as I find a set I like!! The install on the front wasn't that hard to do, just have to cut away some stuff and weld in the lower bag mount pretty much and the top is a cup with a bolt that goes through were the factory shock was mounted to on the top of the frame and it also bolts to the same point. I will post up pics of the whole thing when I get them from my buddy who took pics while I was bagging the blaze.