General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

:-) New stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:49 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default :-) New stuff!

Well, I have several new things coming soon!

I ordered white gauges, HVAC panel, andlighting panel. Should be on the way.

I'm getting 2MTX 12"s put in Friday, Orion 800watt amp comes intomorrow complete with power cables and RCAs.

My next thing is aslimline 200w power inverter w/GFCIto mount behind glove box. 120VAC power outlets will be installed in the back of the console.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:41 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: :-) New stuff!

Your're gettin' there, Brent. Put in the wet bar and dorm fridge and you'll be good to go.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 PM
BF Veteran

LOL yeah. The fridge will be later on. I think I'll put a bed in the back too! j/k

Anyway, I raided the mailbox about 30 minutes ago, and I'm no longer waiting for the HVAC and headlight panels. Here are the pictures:

Old 08-01-2007, 08:22 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I've been looking at getting some of these myself. My question is what do they look like at night. It looks like the heater panel is the same colors as my gauges but do they light up blue and red like my gauges at night. It looks like the headlight pamel just shines through from behind, am I right about that? I have been thinking about doing what drperry did and change to blue led's for the lights. Than I am thinking about getting a carbon fiber dash kit, but that's another story lol.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:17 PM
WhiteTie BlackJacket is an unknown quantity at this point

those are pretty slick

Old 08-01-2007, 09:32 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah they look pretty good, glad you like em. I don't think I would like them in my truck. I would rather accent paint the ac vents, and radio surround and door hadle surrounds. I finally got my last LED's in to finish up the LED dash conversion.

-Lenny

Old 08-01-2007, 09:37 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

what model of amp and subs?

Old 08-01-2007, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran

Took me all of 15 minutes to put them in.I'll get those gauges in when I get them too. I doubt I'll get them before next Tuesday, They come via UPS, the others came USmail.

I'm looking forward to gettingthe subs in Friday. I like a little extra thump in the trunk, IYNWIM!

I think I gotthe gauges and instrument panelsfor around 80 bucks total on ebay. The subs and boxis $150 used, amp is $175 new, taps $20, installation $50. I'm getting a deal considering I'm getting two lightly used MTX subs, an Orion 800, and a box for less than $500!!

BTW
I was looking at the build package on my blazer and found out it should have had a black dash bezel, not a tan. So if anyone has a black one that they want to part with....
Apparently the first owner cracked the bezel somehow and replaced it to match the dash. I may just take it out and paint the vents black.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:33 PM
BF Veteran

OK, I have a question. I got the new gauges in today and they require wiring to the dash light power wire or the Cig Ltr wire. I would prefer wiring it to thedash light power wire, but which wire is it? The gauges are Electro-Luminescentif you need to know.

Edit***
Crap!! I double-posted! Sorry about that.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:38 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Ask Davtak when he gets on, he asked the same question...

Quick Reply: :-) New stuff!