General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

new stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:42 AM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new stuff

i got new stuff for the blazer to ubdate everyone i added a pa/cb combo i have pics 2 :] also i hit some trails this week and got to thinking i need a skid plate so i made one myself not the best but its better then nothing, just some 10x30 diomond plate. EDIT: forgot to tell everyone i added realtree camo seat covers,

how its mounted. i have a whip on now but i had a firestick it was mounted on a peice of diomond plate but it kept bending so i just mounted it on the bumber so i have a whip and firestick to switch when i want to or feel like it.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:32 PM
MaSmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: new stuff

Heck I didn't even know they still made cbs, [sm=joke.gif]The skid plate looks pretty good.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:13 AM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a shot of the skid plate from farther back, so we can see it better on the truck.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:09 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Did you remember to cut an oil filter access or are you just planning to take the plate off for each oil change?

That's the same CB I have , but I mounted mine under the ash tray!

I like the diamond plate alot though

Old 07-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Starting Member

i dont have a ash tray. it is a tight fit to move my foot from the gas to brake but i got to where i dont hit it anymore, my pa speaker is a waterproof 15 watt thats louder then a friends 50 watt i got waterproff since i dont want it to get ruined i got it for 14.99 at west marine a local boat and marine store. my trucks not lifted so i it cant be seen is i take a a picture i have to get on my knees to take it il take another pic tho in color didint know it was black and white till i uploaded it.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Starting Member

did you mean like this?
the oil filter isint near the skid plate my oil filter is on the other side of the engine near the back.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

That looks pretty good, I tried to make mine look better so a while back I painted it with silver Krylon Fusion spraypaint and it's held up better than I imagined it would. I bought two cans at the time and figured I would just spray it again if the paint started peeling off but I haven't needed to so far. Fortunately, you don't have to take it off every time you change your oil. Those of us with 4x4's have the oil filter right behind the skidplate and theres a little flap for easier access....

Old 07-05-2008, 11:19 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

ahhh 2wd has a different filter location?!

weeirddd....and Matt, I did the same with my skid plate..but, between the remote oil lines leaking and the coolant leaking at the oil cooler line...it's back to black on the bottom half [&o]

Old 07-06-2008, 12:14 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Looks good, I like the diamond plate!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Starting Member
if6was9 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: MaSmith

Heck I didn't even know they still made cbs, [sm=joke.gif]The skid plate looks pretty good.
Dito, I thought those went out with the '80's. I wonder if my 'handle' is still good, I went by Tin Indian.

Quick Reply: new stuff