General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:37 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: New Tires?

I bought my blazer with firestone firehawk indy 500's on it..... so people do put car tires on SUV's..... not sure why.. but they do.. those tires are now on my buddy's 1995 2wd blazer and they do just fine..

Old 01-16-2008, 02:38 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

That just seems weird to me

Old 01-16-2008, 02:40 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

personally I wouldnt run anything but an LT on mine.. I dont even like SUV tires, but those firehawks do fine on my friends truck and he uses it to pull a 4-wheeler trailer, boat, and a 22ft camper....

Old 01-16-2008, 02:40 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

if it can support the weight and is the same size, why would it matter what kind of tire goes on?

Old 01-16-2008, 02:41 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking for something for offroad/on-road driving. I was thinking abot some kind of A/T type tires. What do you think

Old 01-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

Not saying you cant...

But tires have load ratings, putting a car tire meant for a car/minivan on a truck is strongly illadvised.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Thats straight off Tire Racks site listed for the Blazer and I just spoke to Tire Rack as well and they assured me that is the correct tire for this vehicle. So just because you never sold it does not mean it is not for it.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Zasder

Not saying you cant...

But tires have load ratings, putting a car tire meant for a car/minivan on a truck is strongly illadvised.
I knowabout load ratings and I would never reccomend a tire to someone that i know will not work.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Ok... guys... chill.

I need for 4wd, so any that are rated for 2wd, not going to work for me. I also need all seasonals. I haven't the storage space to store another set of tires for winter. So, i'm limited. I'm going to see what Costco has for tires, since they have a GREAT tire plan. If you get tires from them, they mount and balance for free, they have free rotations for the life of the tires... free repairs for the life of the tires.. .and when you gotta get new tires... they prorate the old ones and you get money OFF! so... i'll see what options they have for tires and go from there.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: a_tack

go to wal-mart...... they have a tire called the BFGoodrich Land Terrain.... I have them on my silverado... raised white letters, tread pattern similar to the all-terrain just not as aggresive. They are made specifically for wal-mart/sams club by BFGoodrich... i've got about 25,000 miles on mine and they seem to wear just like the all-terrains do.. I actually ran the set on my blazer until I decided I wanted a more aggressive tire.. then I put them on my silverado. They run about $60 each.. Great for a 2wd, I didnt have to switch to my snow tires this year. My sister rund el dorado sport tour tires on her explorer and they seem to be nice too. Dad runs the Liberator All-Terrain (also found at wal-mart) on his silverado. They are made by uniroyal, and seem to be okay. The Goodyear Wrangler radial is also available at wal-mart in a 235/75/15 for around $50..
Dory you should check out the local walmart by you.. Also make sure they have a tire center as well because in NJ most walmarts are different.

Quick Reply: New Tires?