General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:58 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: New Tires?

Dory, those land terrains are a great all-season tire... great wet/dry traction and they are decent in mud/snow... very quiet durable all-season tire... the reason I switched was that I wanted an aggressive all-terrain tire..lol my silverado is actually 2wd and I have no tracion problems on road or in snow..

when I took them off of the blazer after about 15,000 miles (dirty, but in good shape)...

Old 01-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

A decent Radial will suit you well for all season driving....

Silentarmors are very nice! but a bit pricy!

Tripletreads are great for the winter, but not really an all season tire.

and NJ, I wasnt trying to start anything, just voicing what I know, I may not know a lot but tires I have worked with a long time! Mounting 50+ a day...

Old 01-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Well thanks for all the advice... I'll keep ya posted on what I wind up with... lol!

Old 01-16-2008, 03:02 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ive never seen the tread on the Land Terrains but i have BFG Long Trail p235/70r15 and they have never let me down. theres not a lot of unpaved land around here though and i dont go offroad very often and theres no snow to speak of so i cant help ya there. however they are good in rain

Old 01-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the tires originally spec'd on just about all of our trucks... They are 'P'assenger tires! My Bravada had the OE P235/70R15 tires on it... Even loaded, I doubt I exceeded the load rating of the tire.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:04 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking about getting the Radial Rover RVXT is Dunlop's Off-Road All-Terrain light truck tire designed to combine on-road comfort with off-road traction. The Radial Rover RVXT was developed to meet the needs of pickup truck and sport utility vehicle drivers who want to combine long highway treadwear with traction off-road and in the snow.
The Radial Rover RVXT features a rugged 4-rib, independent block tread pattern that extends over the shoulders and part way down the sidewalls to enhance off-road traction. Deep circumferential grooves, along with lateral grooves and sipes, help reduce the possibility of hydroplaning and provide dry and wet traction on and off the road. On the inside, the Radial Rover RVXT combines two, high-density steel belts for strength with Dimensionally Stable Polyester (DSP) cord that reinforces the sidewalls to provide a smooth, even ride.
The Radial Rover RVXT tire meets the industry's severe snow service requirements and is branded with the snowflake-on-the-mountain symbol

$90.00 (Each) This is also for 235/70/R15

Old 01-16-2008, 03:06 PM

[8D]

Old 01-16-2008, 03:06 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

i dont believe my land terrains were LT rated I believe they were P...lol I just personally like the feel of an LT... just a bit stiffer... keep us updated dory and please POST PICS!!! lol

Old 01-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: Zasder

A decent Radial will suit you well for all season driving....

Silentarmors are very nice! but a bit pricy!

Tripletreads are great for the winter, but not really an all season tire.

and NJ, I wasnt trying to start anything, just voicing what I know, I may not know a lot but tires I have worked with a long time! Mounting 50+ a day...
You know what I appologize for jumping down your throat like that . Didn't mean anything by, I just deal with tool bags all day on other forums and I keep forgeting that this site has a different setting. Thats fine that you work for a tire shop and after you said that I spoke to someone at tire rack regarding this and they assured me that tire was correct and gave me the speach they sell millions of tire a week.. blah blah blah... With that said, Dory you have alot of tires that people here have reccomended to ya... Good luck picking one out. Just make sure you do your home work on the tire just to make sure you are getting the best tire for the right price. You get what you pay for.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:09 PM

Are these a good type of tire? Radial Rover RVXT is Dunlop's Off-Road All-Terrain light truck tire designed to combine on-road comfort with off-road traction.

Quick Reply: New Tires?