General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New Toy!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:12 PM
BradZ01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Toy!!

Just stopped by to read a few posts and see what is new out there. Started out the New Year today by buying a new (used, but new to me) Trailblazer SS. It is so sweet. My decision was down to Hummer H3, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, and Trailblazer SS.......and well the SS is what we went with!! All I need is more driveway and garage space!! I have my Z28 and the SS in the garage and a minivan and my 94 S-10 Blazer in the driveway. Looks like it is time to widen the driveway!!

Old 01-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: New Toy!!

Congrats Brad! The SS is a nice truck! DId you go with the 2wd or AWD?

Old 01-01-2008, 07:16 PM
agibson94 is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet i would love to get a trailblazer ss got any pics

Old 01-01-2008, 08:12 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

It would have been hard for me to choose between the SRT8 and the SS. Be sure to check out the Trailblazer SS articles.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:21 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Pics?

Old 01-01-2008, 08:40 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

nice dude the trailblazer ss is a very good truck i think. i got to drive one once cuz i work at a dealership and they are pretty nice. personally i like it better than the cherokee srt8 but thats just me.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:12 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

im jelious

Old 01-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

ORIGINAL: igot10pinitis

im jelious
i second that. wish i could afford that $45,000 sticker price lol

Old 01-02-2008, 11:50 AM
BradZ01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, thats a funny story. Goes a little something like this. The wife and I stopped by a Chevy dealer on our way to the Jeep dealer. We just looked at the TBSS's at the local Auto Show, and we knew we liked them, we were just going to need to drive one, but we wanted to look closer at the SRT8. So I stop at chevy just because it is 1/2 mile before the jeep dealer. I tell them what we are looking at and he says they just took in this super clean 06 SS the day before and it might be a better deal. We look, we like, we make a deal on it. During the drive we ask if it was AWD. He said he thought so, but wasnt positive and would find out. By the end of the purchase, he had forgotton, and so had we!! So the wife drove it home last night in a little fresh snow and said it was a little squirrly. I told her it had almost 400hp so dont worry about it. But the more I thought about it, the more worried I got so I started doing internet research and sure enough it was a 2wd (which does not work for her w/the kids). I called in sick to work today and was waitng at the dealer when the opened. Discussed it with the finance guy, and the sales mgr, and they agreed to take it back and cancel the deal. I ended up coming home this morning with a NEW 07 Trailblazer SS with the 3SS pkg (more bells and whistles) for about $65 more per month than the used 06 w/25K miles and not as many gadgets and gizmos to play with. I got 0.00% financing and had a GM supplier discount which all helped in the end. So it all worked out for the better, but I dont mind telling you it was along sleepless night thinking I had made a $35,000 mistake!!! I am very happy and excited now that it is all good!!!
ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Congrats Brad! The SS is a nice truck! DId you go with the 2wd or AWD?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sometime before your warranty runs out, get an extended warranty. If you plan on 'using' all of those horses, the transmissions can suffer.

Quick Reply: New Toy!!